Simmi

Configuring AB PanelView C600 Ethernet Comunication

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am hoping I can get some assistance configuring an Allen Bradley PanelView C600 (2711C-T6C). All a long I have been able to communicate with the HMI using Ethernet protocol, but after I switched communication settings to what my Professor recommended by using the Panelview software, the Ethernet connection seems to have stopped working. The HMI has now been reset to the factory settings (by pressing ctrl + shift during start up then selecting F1 when prompt appears asking if the user desires to return to factory condition of terminal). Once the terminal resets I am able to eventually get to the configuration screen. When in the communication settings Protocol says "*", Status says "Unavailable", I've changed the device name to "plc" and the Node Address says "0". When I click on the "Ethernet" option the IP mode says "DHCP" then the IP Address, Mask and Gateway all read "0.0.0.0". I get into CMD/DOS PROMPT on my laptop while the terminal is connected to my laptop via an Ethernet cable and type in "ipconfig" to see if my laptop is communicating with the terminal but it is not. The lights where the terminals are located are also not blinking. After plugging in several different Ethernet chords from the terminal to my laptop I am convinced the issue is not the cable. I've tried resetting the terminal several times as well and I'm having no luck. Can anyone assist me with regaining Ethernet communication with the terminal or some work-arounds? I see there is an option to use the USB but it looks like AB no longer provides the drivers on the website. If it helps, the manuals I am using are 2711C-UM001 and 2711C-QS001.

Your professor has put you in a pickle by setting the HMI to default with DHCP turned on.  With DHCP, Ethernet-based devices are plugged into a network and awaiting a unique IP address to become part of the network.

Allen-Bradley software typically installs a utility BOOTP for addressing DHCP-enabled devices.  This Work Instruction is for an A-B PowerFlex VFD, but the process is the same.

If I remember correctly, there is a backup method to configure the HMI's IP address through its internal Configuration.  During power up, the screen is black except for a small, white box in the corner (lower-right or lower-left).  Press this small, white box during power up to go into the Configuration screen.  There you can disable DHCP, set the IP address to static (fixed), cycle power.

Work Instruction - Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 525 VFD Startup.doc

Thnx Will,

Yes, you remembered correctly,, worked like a charm for me as well !