bradpc987

adding I/O @ 1747-AENTR

5 posts in this topic

I'm using a 1769-L19ER-BB1B. I'm trying to establish an SLC rack connected via a 1747-AENTR. I haven't connected anything to the laptop yet. Just doing the build for now. I right click on "Ethernet" in the controller organizer, add module, add the 1747-AENTR, set up number of slots and create it. When I go to add I/O to the SLC chassis, I right click on the new SLC chassis, click "add module" and my list is empty. I type some card data into the search bar in the window and nothing comes up. I can not create ANY SLC I/O slots.

Which version of Studio 5000 are you using?  When I created an empty project with that processor, it made me choose v29.  I have a bunch of versions installed up to v24.  When I rt-clicked on the SLC Chassis and selected New Module, I got this:

Test1747.thumb.png.1cabbc6d9a398c7d99ef2

I was able to add 1746 modules into the chassis.

Ok, so I checked what my setup is and its a 1769-L16ER-BB1B that I selected from the drop down menu while setting up. Its supposed to be a 19. So I tried to fix it. I created a new file and went to select the L19ER version of cpu. Come to find out, its not in the list! Not sure where to go from here.  I still cant get the field to fill when trying to add I/O cards. My version of Logix Designer is 21. and any version of cpu I choose I can only go up to ver.21.

WORKING.jpg

Edited by bradpc987

If that processor didn't exist when 21 was released, it won't show up in your list.  Since mine wouldn't let me choose any version other than 29, that tells me that the processor wasn't released until after v24.

Go to ab.com, click on "Downloads" at the top to go to the "Compatibility & Downloads" page.  Under "Compare", click on "Compare Products".  Under "Selections", start typing the part number:

PCDC_Search.png.a836ef0f053aaa347583227a

As you type, it'll start filtering the results:

PCDC_Search1.png.2a88d0a6f534709c351b517

Click on the model number and it'll ask you to select a version.  The L19ER supports versions 28-30:

PCDC_Search2.PNG.02a9fb57cdabb91fe68da06

If you have a TechConnect contract, you can just download the newer version you need.  If not, contact your local AB distributor and see if they can get you a copy of the installer files.