Andy_P

NA HMI screenshots

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone been able to produce screenshots of an NA project via File/Print menu option on Sysmac Studio?

All this does for me is produce an image of a page showing objects or controls on the page itself, but it does not include anything from pages that are setup as 'background' for the page.

This makes producing documentation a real pain. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Andy_P

I haven't tried this method. I've found that most HMI software (from any manufacturer) doesn't do exactly what I want when it come to screen shots. I'll use the Windows function (Ctrl + PrtScr) keys. This way you can capture the development environment or simulate and capture runtime.

The other thing I have done to capture runtime data is to program a button with the SaveScreenshot("_eHMI_KNOWN_PATH.USBMemory") function. It will then save images to a USB drive.

1 person likes this

I've have been doing the PrtScr method, but it's a shame that the Sysmac Studio Print method is a bit flaky in this area, much like most other manufacturers as you say.

The SaveScreenshot function is an interesting one, I had missed that, so that could prove useful. Thanks for the tip.

In my opinion, Sysmac Studio is flaky in many areas especially for the NA. With that said, I believe the hardware is a great product. The screen looks good, it's a nice slim design, the touch is very responsive and precise and the built in functions are useful. The Omron experts I've spoken to admit the software needs some maturity. It has improved progressively and the updates keep coming.

I'm sure it's difficult for them to hit everyone's wish list but we need to keep telling them what we want.

I've made screen shots by saving them on the HMI to the flash drive or SD card.  Set up one of the buttons on the bezel with the action print screen.

You can also use any screen capture tool with the simulator to get a shot of screens with all the backgrounds and actual data.