lamboom

Request for a small .smc2 Project File

4 posts in this topic

I've put together an NJ, NA, R5 servo .. and LinMot Drive setup for training (myself) for a project that requires streaming position data to the LinMot.  It's going well.  I find "example" project program files are great for studying the Omron NJ ystem.  I'm not totally dim.. but am a newbie... with  enough knowledge to get in trouble (frequently)   This is what I am expecting to do with the NJ's motion control module:   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQd6YzBWVvI

I managed to get a Delta Motion MC and Red Lion G3 to make that happen.  I would like to try and do it with Omron.   LinMot has only one ESI file for Omron NJ .. at the moment Sysmac V 1.17 doesn't like it (red exclamation mark in the ESI library), therefore their drive doesn't show up in the Tools device SERVO menu (working on it)

I'm asking this Omron Nj Forum for  a program file that has the NJ CPU, a servo drive, preferably R5 ..(R88D) and the NA HMI all working happily together, servo is controlled by the HMI (don't need any I/O's)..   Kind of simple.... something you might expect Omron to have available.   I've asked... No reply yet. 

I suspect that most of you out there have only very complex project files.. and are probably proprietary; however, perhaps there's one simple .smc2 program buried in your hard drive from the old days when you might have done simple things ... :-)     If so, please consider posting it here.   Thanks, Regards ... Michael

Edited by lamboom

Omron does in fact offer its own libraries with the functionalities you are talking about. This link will show you documentation for a IAG package and PLC library files from Omron. http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/NA/V437-E1-02.pdf

Keep in mind that this might not be for beginners, but how to implement it will all be in the manual.. should work for both the G5 series and the recently added 1S servo drive.

By the way, www.edata.omron.com.au have lots of documentation for omron products/software that is hard finding unless you go digging around their japaneese site. 

Thanks a lot Solheim95 -  That's a great help.  I will definitely research  www.edata.omron.com.au

I am a beginner .. but, at what point are you no longer a beginner? ... :-)    I'm somewhere between a Beginner and a Master Automation Engineer.        Sounds better that way... yes.. I'm closer to the beginner end .. yet, will never reach the opposite end, because this is all for just one project.

PS:  That site in Australia is amazing!  This alone is unbelievable:   http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/manuals.html#NA

Edited by lamboom

Just a comment on the Omron "libraries"

While they are great references ... and that log of just about every Omron manual ever made .. updated .. is just awesome..  However, the 3 Libraries aren't  what I was looking for.  I was looking for the actual (.smc2) file...  These libraries are "plans" for making a file from scratch, which look really cool .. But, I'm worried it would be too long a process for me.. and would certainly require serious debugging .. which would also be a good training experience .. but, I think it would take too long.   I would do it in a minute if the example was "exactly" what I needed .. but, none of the three are.   'Tho, I might try to make this one: 

http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/NA/V436-E1-01.pdf 

I have all the parts, already assembled ... might give it a go... :-)

But,  still looking for a "project file" .... assuming I can change the NJ to: NJ101-10[][] , the Servo Drive to: R88D-KN[]-ECT, the HMI to: NA5-7W[][][][] .. How hard could it be?. :-)

Thanks, Regards ... Michael

PS: couple of days later:... Decided to build the file (see above link) .. and request the IAG objects needed from Omron.. (Didn't really need IAG objects) .. It's a bit more than I wanted.. But, It's all good training... might even be fun.  (Remember, I'm not planning to be an Automation Engineer .. just want to do this one project..)  :-)

Edited by lamboom