smithers1

Pinout drawing for GT10-C10R4-8P cable

6 posts in this topic

Hi

Can anyone give me pinout for FX1N to GOT2104 RS422 cable GT10-C10R4-8P

Have looked on internet with no joy

many thanks

Hi Smithers1,

Check-out the GOT connection manual: http://www.koningenhartman.nl/UserFiles/Product/Datasheet/GT1000%20Serie%20Connection%20Manual.pdf

Page 186 gives some diagrams for GOT 1000 series. You can give it a shot ot try it on the GT2104. (See attached picture)

Best regards,

Theo V.

GOT RS422 connection pinout 8pin.JPG

Hi Theo, thanks for that.

Do you know what pin in the mini-din 8pin plug is attached to each color.

Is brown pin 1, red pin 2, orange pin 3, etc.

Many thanks

Hi Smithers1,

I never opened a 8-pin plug but usually the order is from top to bottom in the list so I asume you are right about the order brown = pin 1 etc.

I suggest that if you start testing the cable the first time just leave the white wire +5Vdc power not connected but use an external powersource for the GOT 5Vdc. Only connect the '-' from the 5Vdc to both GOT and PLC side (to close the loop). Aldough I think the port is galvanic isolated by opto-couplers you don't have the risk of destroying your FX PLC port due a wrong wire connection.

As you noticed, there is not much info on the net about this subject. Perhaps because the original cable is around € 20,- euro and only the real hardcore electronic guys heat up the soldering iron to make a cable theirselfs just because it is possible...:-) Don't take that personal but for that price I would just order a standard cable somewhere and save me the headache. It is up to you to decide. Succes!

Best regards,

Theo V.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Theo V said:

Hi Smithers1,

I never opened a 8-pin plug but usually the order is from top to bottom in the list so I asume you are right about the order brown = pin 1 etc.

I suggest that if you start testing the cable the first time just leave the white wire +5Vdc power not connected but use an external powersource for the GOT 5Vdc. Only connect the '-' from the 5Vdc to both GOT and PLC side (to close the loop). Aldough I think the port is galvanic isolated by opto-couplers you don't have the risk of destroying your FX PLC port due a wrong wire connection.

As you noticed, there is not much info on the net about this subject. Perhaps because the original cable is around € 20,- euro and only the real hardcore electronic guys heat up the soldering iron to make a cable theirselfs just because it is possible...:-) Don't take that personal but for that price I would just order a standard cable somewhere and save me the headache. It is up to you to decide. Succes!

Best regards,

Theo V.

Thanks for your help Theo, much appreciated

1 person likes this

Smithers1

Try this diagram...if you haven't already figured out the wiring.

sc09.thumb.jpg.f1fdb74e794cdab6a5af4a252