dynamicboy

Activation of Rockwell software in windows XP Virtual mode

6 posts in this topic

Dear Friends;

Good day. First i install the windows  virtual xp mode on Windows 7 64 bit. After installation i installed the FTM, RSLINK,and rslogix 5.0 in virtual xp mode. 

Then i activate the software by Factory talk manager and select the hard disk and for a single computer activation. This process successfully acomplished.

But when i open the RSLOGIX it shows popup that activation path is not found.

Then i again open the factory talk tool and note that there is no activation shows in current activate products, But the activation detail shows in the RE host tab.

I re hosted the activation by using go to Rockwell site and message show successfully activation re hosted.  

*** Now i am stuck here is i loss my activation? 

*** in windows xp virtual mode how i activate my product that application find the correct path of activation file?

** In windows xp mode if i open my Computer there is shows other hard drive partition as well as Local disk C:\  and activation file save in virtual drive instead of real C drive in windows 7. But there is no file path option to save the activation. Its by default save on C:\documents and setting\all user\shared documents\rockwell\activation\*****

Please help me how i activate my product in windows XP mode successfully? 

Thanking you. i will remain

Regards

My only VirtualMachine experience is with VMWare Workstation.  If you are using Windows integrated VirtualMachine ability, these steps will not be the same.

The only way I have found to get this to work, having a VirtualMachine with A-B licensing on a host PC, is to (1) Install FTActivationManager on the Host PC, (2) Activate license on Host PC, (3) Install FTActivationManager on the VirtualMachine, then (4) BORROW the license from the Host PC to the Virtual Machine.

I know, it is a huge pain but it works.  And you must do this every year when you get a new license.

I have a large Word file with steps and screenshots for using VMWare Workstation as a Control Engineer, but it is too large to upload on this forum.  If you use VMWare, message me with your email address and I will share it with you.

Dear Kaiser_will, Friends

Thanks for give guide line. The steps which you r mentioned is for vmware or windows xp mode.

Please send me a file on this email sultanhamad6897@gmail.com

Thanks.

My other question is that is my licence still valid for activate the application ?

If i install all the application in virtual xp mode and activate at windows 7 are the application works?

Now when i borrow the activation again is FTM ask me for the new host ID options? If yes can i use Network card of my computer?

Can i use USB as a HOST ID?

Please help me how i use virtual XP MODE properly for activation and fix it?

Regards

If you have a tech connect account, you can ask Allen Bradley. 

I use a dongle, and last time this happened to me on my virtual, I thought I only had to copy my license file from my Windows 7 PC to my virtual and past it in the license folder. Again, if you ask AB, they will tell you. For me it was easy. 

Thanks friends, 

Armadillo852, I have no tech connect account. You already asked from AB about this and it is very easy for you. Can you help me in detail how i fix it?

Regards

I believe you do not need tech connect for activation problems.