netdomain

NB Designer / Screen Best Method for IO Screens

5 posts in this topic

Hello

I am trying to create some IO Screens in NB Designer.

Anyone worked with it?  What is the best way.

Lets say I want to display 16 bits of a IO card.   I created 16 Bit Lamps.  Beside those bit lamps I want to put text like "Station X - Jaw Cyl Home  ..."

Is there a fast / easy way to do it?  Because I am dealing with hundreds of IO, and not want to click on each box to enter it.

How do you expect it to know the text for each one?  You're going to have to manually edit the text.

Hi Crossbow,

In CX-Designer, I used "Use String Table"  and then just entered all the IO for the whole line in Excel in CXV/ imported it .

Also, CX-Designer allows u to use "Indirect Reference of String" where you can choose a file with 8 lines of Text and then on IO screen just specify the line #

I was hoping there was some similar way to enter all the text in Excel and import it in NB Designer.   

I also tried the "Text Library" function, where you can enter a Name and then States

for example

IO Card 0

State 0 Message -  Cyl A Home

State 1 Message - Cyl A Work

But when I choose "Text Library - IO Card 0"   in the Text,  it only shows State 0 Message (Cyl A Home).   

It would be nice to pick and choose which state, so that way I can enter all the text in the text library and just pick the message.

All I am trying to avoid here is to click and enter a message on every IO point.   Excel makes it much easier to deal with lots of text and messages.

Unfortunately I know nothing about NB, never touched one.  It's not as powerful as NS, that I do know from talking to users.