LURBY

What else is there besides Allen Bradley??

3 posts in this topic

I have been a faithful user of Allen Bradley products for over 20 years. My distributor has been good to me over the years with very good pricing. I have been good to him as well with lots of orders. That might change in the near future. My pricing is not what it used to be. I know that prices continue to rise but my discount structure has changed drastically  

I am curious about what else is out there. I primarily live in the Micrologix PLC world. I also use the Kinetix 300 family of servo drives, the MPL series servo motors, the Powerflex family of VFD's, and 800T push buttons and switches. 

What do the rest of you use?  Why do you use it?  How difficult is the migration for someone that has used AB their entire career?

Thanks for your input,

Chuck

We also saw a dramatic price increase.

Consider Omron, low cost, easy to program, lots of comms types to other vendor IO (we use B&R's slice IO).

Also consider the Siemens 1200 or 1500 series.  The price is good, but we have found the servo programming difficult (compared to AB/Rockwell).  The HMIs are expensive but full featured.

Automation Direct's Productivity Suite 3000 is fairly low cost and easy to program (similar to AB/Rockwell).  Comms interfaces are not abundant, get use to using a lot of Modbus.  The C-More touchscreens are low cost, easy to program, not overly functional, meaning simple low-level objects (compared to PV+)

From a pushbutton and switch viewpoint, The 800T is a beast and costly.  We've had success with C3Controls and low cost.

Automation Direct also has fantastic customer support