ankitjd

RS Linx Installation Issue

4 posts in this topic

i installed RS Linx 2.51 on my windows 8 laptop. it is installed successfully.  now while i am opening it , it is not getting open. please let me know what will be issue in it.

Also i installed RS Linx 2.57 on my desktop ,i want to connect my PIC and AIC but i am not able to find any AIC PIC driver . so please let me know how i can make it possible .

The old 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver is very limited in its ability to run on any operating system newer than Windows XP SP2.    It shouldn't even be available when you install on Windows 7 or Windows 10, and was removed from some earlier versions of RSLinx for this very reason.

The only supported modern way to connect to DH485 networks is the 1747-UIC, a USB to DH485 converter.

Ideally, you will install the current version of RSLinx Classic, or at least one of the most recent ones that is compatible with your operating system.   Version 2.51 is at least ten years out of date and it's foolish to install it on Windows 8, the least stable and supported of modern Microsoft operating systems.

If you aren't going to install RSLinx Classic version 3.90, at least install the last of the 2.x revisions, which was 2.59.02.

So in order to Configure above mentioned driver in Windows 7 tell me exactly which version I have to installed so I can download it 

The 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver will not work in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.

For this reason, it is not available in the drop-down list of drivers.

If you manage to install a version of RSLinx Classic that is old enough that it doesn't recognize the modern Windows and remove that driver from the list, it does not mean that the driver is supported.   It still won't work.

If you want to connect to a DH485 network, you need a 1747-UIC.