Campbell2112

Can't comm Plc and hmi

18 posts in this topic

I am new at this I have  and ns 8 v2 hmi and a cj2m Plc I have connected the Ethernet cable to the Plc and to the hmi I uploaded the program to the hmi from cx designer and uploaded my Plc program my Plc ip is 192.168.250.1 and I set my hmi to 192.168.250. 2 when I set the serial a and b port to none it says check connection error and. When I set the serial a and b port to something else it says connecting at the bottom right of the screen I have never had to do this before please help I'm a newbie on this

The serial ports shouldn't have any connections set if you are using Ethernet for the connection PLC to HMI.

In your HMI, make these settings (First disabling SerialA):

kG67EViSdQkAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

x4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Then it is necessary to set up the Ethernet network as network 1 in the routing table in the PLC.  Using CX-Integrator, it is possible to define the network as network 1 in the PLC and point network 1 to the unit number of the Ethernet module.

Okay thank you I did as crossbow said and took the serial host off and my hmi is not alarming out for the host being timed out and my program is showing on my hmi now. The problem now is my push buttons are not showing on cx programmer when I push them in on the hmi I changed a couple things here is my ip's 

plc 192.168.250.1 node 1 

hmi 192.168.250.2 node 1

is there something else I need to set up?

Micheal Walsh do you have any screen shots of the cx integrator and tips I am not having luck defining the network 

First, go to communication settings in the Network pulldown menu as shown:

dLqzv19vjeEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

and set up your communications just as you would do for connecting with CX-Programmer.  Then connect to the PLC by choosing Work online in the same menu.

Then go to Tools, Start Routing Table as shown:

TZdMSj+llhAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Choose FINS Local and then choose OK as shown:

jIg7bFIzAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Right click on the unit number that you want to set.  For instance, if the unit number dials on the Ethernet card say unit #2, right click on the 2 module and choose Insert CPU SIOU as shown below:

bKqTYMkkCrtx+xW6jnF56OX9+AM3NWfAWCpe4kFp

I believe that it should tell you that it found a module.  Choose OK.  Then tell it that you are labeling that local network as network 1 as shown below:

rRTqFar0f8HD2kGebc0ZPoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

The image will then look like this:

wLlOvrPE5RP+gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

All this means is that the network connected to unit #2 is now known as Network 1.  Then, when issuing FINS commands,  or connecting the PLC to an HMI, you can just refer to it by its Network and Node number. 

Then go to the Options pulldown menu and choose Transfer to PLC as shown:

wFMnG1VIsTPbQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

(I am not online, so it is greyed out).

Also, make sure that the node number dials on the front of the Ethernet card match the last octet of the IP Address. 

New to the forum, and I am not 100% sure that what I am trying to do is even possible.

I am trying to connect a CP1L-EM40DR-D PLC to an NS5-SQ11B-V2 via their built in Ethernet ports and a Spider 5TX switch. When I go to any screen that references PLC data I get the alarm shown in the attachment. PLC and HMI settings are also shown in the attachment.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

PLC HMI Info.docx

All the IP address settings look right.  What is the controller settings in the CX-Designer project?  You do have the host connected to the Ethernet port on the HMI right?

Thank you for the quick response. 

I have the host PLC and HMI connected to the Spider Switch via Ethernet cables, and am able to access the PLC via CX-Programmer over a cable plugged into the same switch.

Are these the settings you are wanting to see?

PLC HMI Info.docx

Edited by pirana
Add attachment

Thank you for your help, got it all straightened out and talking this morning.  It was the CX-Integrator table portion that I was missing.

Unfortunately, the CP1L nor the NS5 are Ethernet/IP capable. This setup would have been much easier and doesn't require CX Integrator.

Glad to hear it's working. Thanks for posting the solution.

On 5/5/2017 at 7:16 PM, IO_Rack said:

This is very similar to Michael's post. It's a step by step procedure I got from Omron Technical Support. This example uses a CJ2 but the Ethernet settings should be the same.

CJ2M Built-in Ethernet connected to NS by FINS_edited.doc

Thank You I/O Rack

Can you share me if use SERIALA connection without PT (HMI) for TEST, I use USB port from PC to built in USB PLC (CX Programmer) and RS232 port from PC to CP1W-CIF01 (CX Designer). I use CP1H-XADR-A PLC

7 hours ago, Sukhooraay said:

Thank You I/O Rack

Can you share me if use SERIALA connection without PT (HMI) for TEST, I use USB port from PC to built in USB PLC (CX Programmer) and RS232 port from PC to CP1W-CIF01 (CX Designer). I use CP1H-XADR-A PLC

This is a different problem. Please post a new topic in the forums.

In CX Designer you must first configure SERIALA for a PLC, SYSMAC-PLC, Host Link. (Settings in PLC must match). Then from Tools menu, choose Test, Connect to PLC then Host Name will be SERIALA. Post additional questions in a new forum topic.

Many Thanks IO_RACK,

Solved..

i have followed your advice but led indicator blinking (CP1W-CIF01) very slow and i try to switch off dip switch front panel for SERIAL 1 (SW4) or SERIAL 2 (SW5)...yeayy got work

Hello, I use a Omron CP with HMI comnunicate via ethernet. I can upload my app in hmi adn plc, but HMI and plc not comunicate.

5 hours ago, omron1234 said:

Hello, I use a Omron CP with HMI comnunicate via ethernet. I can upload my app in hmi adn plc, but HMI and plc not comunicate.

Please post a New Topic in the forums. Tell us full part numbers of your PLC and HMI. Tell us what settings you have made.

I have a Omron PLC: CP1H-X40DT-D  on Port1 I have a CP1W-CIF41  and Omron HMI: NB7W-TW01B. Like softwer I use NB Designer 1.5 and for PLC I use CX Programmer 9.6. I want to create a connection cia ethernet cable between HMI and PLC. I connect them to a ethernet hub and to pc. After that I can upload the program on ethernet connection, but I can't create the comunnication PLC- HMI.