Tharindu

REmotely access FX series plc data

9 posts in this topic

Hellow Mitsubishi Experts

. I want to update my system . My machine have Mitsubishi plc system . Details of plc - CPU FX1n-60MR-001 Expansion Module FX2n-8EYR  . We have two factories .In one factory have this Mitsubishi plc system (LOCAL Location ) .So from other factory (Remote Location ) I want to check some plc data via internet using some interface (Ex visual studio interface )  .It is mean I want to remotely check some data (machine production units ,machine speed and etc )  . I have plc program and plc software .

So what i want to add external modules to this system .?

How can i implement my design ?.

. I m appreciate ur immediate reply .

Thank you.

Tharindu

Edited by Tharindu

FX1N isn't really made for access over Ethernet, though they do make a basic Ethernet module for it.  It's basically a serial to Ethernet converter, and its main focus is programming support.

What you want to do would be easier to accomplish with a newer model like FX3 or FX5.  Any way you slice it, it still needs involvement from IT and making a method through the firewall to get to it.

If you want to connect remotely for troubleshooting, I would recommend a eWON device.

Crossbow is right there isn't a real ethernet module avaiable.

If you are using GX Works 2 I would suggest adding a GT2103 HMI screen which has an ethernet connection.  
GX Works 2 can use that port to get to the PLC.
If you need to visualize the data I would suggest adding MX components.

It's a bit hard to recommend options with so little information about your IT infrastructure in the two sites, and especially more information about the link between the two sites.

If you have two factories and you want remote connection I would suspect that you already have a VPN connection between the sites (a LAN to LAN VPN). If you have this, you could get away with a couple of Ethernet to serial devices to simply tunnel the serial signal over Ethernet. If you have an OPC server some of them even support Ethernet tunneling so you'll only need one Ethernet to serial device.

If you don't have any LAN to LAN, you'll have to look into other options like @Crossbow and @Gambit writes.

Regarding collecting data it all depends on what you want to do with it and what you already have... Are you sure you want to use Visual Basic or similar developed code, or do you have a SCADA system or something like that? MX Components can be a way as @Gambit writes, but I would really recommend OPC (and if you are fixed on using self developed code you can buy OPC client modules for Visual Basic or similar .NET languages).

Dear CROSSBOW   @Crossbow  , GAMBIT  @Gambit  ,KAARE_T   @kaare_t thanks for your immediate reply  .

Yeas i have Wifi connection (LAN) in between two factories .Here i have attached one module description,which can be plug to Fx1n series .Is it obsolete?  Please can you check it .Can t i connect it to base plc .?  

Mr KAARE_T \I have to plan develop application using visual C# If i use it what u recommended to do me sir .? Can i do it using kepware OPC?

OR if im use MX component ,ITs free or license version .? 

Thank you

BR

Tharindu

COM-ET10-T - Installation Manual 151718-A (07.03) (1).pdf

Edited by Tharindu

Replaced by FX2NC-ENET-ADP.  And it's only for programming connection, not sure Kepware can use it or not.

Dear CROSSBOW   @Crossbow  ,  @Gambit  ,   @kaare_t

Basically in first stage i want to do ;

Existing plc CPU FX1n-60MR-001
Existing Expansion Module FX2n-8EYR

We have two factories .These 2 factory connect via WIFI (LAN ) .In one factory have this Mitsubishi plc system (LOCAL Location ) .So from other factory (Remote Location ) I want to check some plc data from other factory using some interface (Ex visual studio C# interface ) .It is mean I want to remotely check some data (machine production units ,machine speed and etc ) . I have plc program and plc software GX developer 8.1 00 E version .  
As you said i cant fulfill my purpose using this plc system .So i want to  migrate  plc system .Am i right ?

1) For migrate system , which plc type i want get .SO  Please tell me maching plc part number ( existing-CPU FX1n-60MR-001)  and maching I/O expansion mudule  (Existing Expansion Module FX2n-8EYR)  and Ethernet module for new purpose . .
2)Can i migrate existing plc program using my GX developer software without any bother  ?
3) If i use MX components to do data visualize how many license i want to buy . 

Thank you

If the IP addresses are on the same network, you should be able to communicate with it.  

FX1N-64MR-001 is a special unit only sold and supported in China.  You can't program it with regular GX Developer.

I don't work on Mitsubishi much anymore, you should check with a local salesperson to see which model to use.  They have gone to FX5 with some models I know that.

• 1 and 2: If you go with the FX3U instead of FX5U then you can still use GX Developer
  • 3: Only one license (though I still recommend OPC Server + .NET OPC Client)