Amol Kirad

Factory Talk issue.

4 posts in this topic

PVPlus 400/600 (320x240)

I am having factory talk version 8.0

and the project which  is upload from the machine is done in Version 6.0 and it's giving me this error.

What exactly it's saying I am not getting.

help me for the same.

ft_prob.JPG

The message tells you that you are trying to upload a Ver. 6 FTView ME project into FTView ME Ver. 8.  The message also tells you that the tag database will need to be converted.

What steps did you go through to receive this message pop-up?

Keep in mind with PanelView HMIs, FTView ME creates .APA application files and .MER runtime files (.MER is what is downloaded to the HMI; .APA is the source application).

Refer to Chap. 4 and use the Machine Edition Import Wizard.  You will want to upload the running .MER file (which was created with Ver. 6), import to convert to Ver. 8, then create a new .MER file and save the final Ver. 8 .APA file.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf

You can avoid this by installing View Studio 8.x on a 32-bit computer.  In that case, it will just convert the project just like it does from v5 to v6, etc.  If you must run it on a 64 bit machine, you have to do the database conversion, which I've heard horror stories about.

See this article (Access level: everyone)

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/456828

1 person likes this

This is how I convert the old tag database using Windows 7 32 bit on a VM:

Import project .apa or .mer using Applications Manager,  open it in ViewStudio, close it, then archive using Application Manager. Copy and restore in 64 bit OS.