Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_ken

omron program examples

3 posts in this topic

I am new to programming Omron PLC's I am using a CS1 PLC. How is the real world I/O addressed? I am used to internal bits and coils like Allen Bradley "B3". How is this accomplished in Omron? I don't understand what a local or global variable is. A simple sample program would help if there are any out there. Thanks

you should take a look at your PLC manual at the memory areas chapter , Omron PLC's have IR areas , this are divided into I/O areas and work areas , this areas can be accesed as words and bits , Then you have the HR , this are retentive memory words and bits. The SR and AR areas contain flags and control bits for specific functions . The LR area is used for 1 to 1 data link with other PLC . The TC are is the timer and counter area, each adress can be used to either. The DM area is for value storage and is memory retentive , the last part of the DM area contains the PLC setup , usually fro m DM6600 up. There is also a TR area containing temporary relays for branching , and some of the DM area can be used for error losg storage.

Guest_Ken: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Well.... You have come to the right website. The primary purpose of MrPLC.com is to provide a place for PLC programmers to upload and download PLC code for education and just plain old code swappin'. Start here: Omron PLC Code @ MrPLC.com With regards to I/O addressing, CS1 PLCs are addressed in sequential order from the first I/O module to the last. Each I/O module is organized in 16 bit word or words format. For example, no matter whether its input or output, the first module is I/O word 000 with the bits from 00 to 15 representing the screw terminals on that module. The addressing uses dot notation with the first four digits representing the I/O word followed by a dot followed by two digits which represents the bits associated to that word. Example: 0000.00 Take a cruise around the Omron download area and then come back and ask some more questions.