Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
salihyyavuz

schneider somachine

3 posts in this topic

hello everyone, 

Im new with schneider electic , ı m planing to work with Altivar 630 variable speed drivers and i want to control it with M241 plc in somachine . but when i want to configure in somachine i could not add the driver to my hardware. is there any document about it ? or does anybody control it like this ? 

What protocol, if any, are you using to "control" the drive?

No need to configure your Altivar in somachine software, and simple way without data link to control the speed of motor using altivar and PLC, just use hardware communication or some people say I/O communication.

1. Command from PLC: Use 1 Digital Output (DO) if apply two wire connection method. Logic "1" for Start Command, and logic "0" for Stop Command. An other way use 2 DO if apply three wire connection method. DO1 for Start command and DO2 for Stop command. For two wire and three wire of Altivar, you can find in the manual of altivar.

2. Running feedback and Alarm feedback from Altivar: at PLC side: use 1 Digital Input (DI) for running status, and 1 DI for alarm status.

3. For speed reference (speed set): use one Analog Output (4-20mA, 0-5 Vdc, 0-10Vdc) which is suitable to use depend on Altivar analog input.

4. Speed feedback : at PLC side, use analog input to receive the speed signals from analog output of altivar.

PLC                                                  ALTIVAR

DO            ------------------------->          DI

DI             <-------------------------          DO

AO            ------------------------->         AI

AI            <-------------------------         AO

Thats more reliable if compare with applied data link via serial or eth port.