doublewai

MicroLogix 1500 with 1769-SDN Scanner Setup Issue

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm using the MicroLogix 1500 with 1769-SDN DeviceNet Scanner module on slot2.

The module is gone bad and replaced. Now I'm trying to set up the Dnet Scanner but I can not go to Online to see it in RSNetworx.

In RSLogix500, I/O configuration is ok and it can be read via rs232 serial cable.

In RSNetworx, to select the path, there's no scanner device under the PLC, 

(## trouble with going online for Devicenet Scanner via RS232 serial ##

What do I need to do get onlne??

Edited by doublewai

The MicroLogix 1500 doesn't support "bridging" to DeviceNet from its serial port like the CompactLogix or ControlLogix do through their network ports.

To reload the 1769-SDN's scanlist configuration, you will need a direct connection to the DeviceNet network.   

The most common ones are the 1770-KFD serial to DeviceNet interface, or the modern 1784-U2DN USB to DeviceNet interface.   The 1784-PCD card is obsolete.

If you have another ControlLogix or CompactLogix also connected to the network, you might be able to connect by bridging through that.

5 hours ago, Ken Roach said:

The MicroLogix 1500 doesn't support "bridging" to DeviceNet from its serial port like the CompactLogix or ControlLogix do through their network ports.

To reload the 1769-SDN's scanlist configuration, you will need a direct connection to the DeviceNet network.   

The most common ones are the 1770-KFD serial to DeviceNet interface, or the modern 1784-U2DN USB to DeviceNet interface.   The 1784-PCD card is obsolete.

If you have another ControlLogix or CompactLogix also connected to the network, you might be able to connect by bridging through that.

Thanks for the reply.

Let's say,...If I have one of those cable, would I still use the RSNetworx software to go online and set up??