JZerb

FT View Studio, HMI server error with 5 or more displays

7 posts in this topic

trying to open up a project in FT view studio that i had opened up just the other day and its now giving me an error that reads....

The HMI server in area 'project name' refused to load its project.  The HMI server is not licensed and cannot open a project with more than 5 displays"

I have a USB dongle that i use to activate my software once every few days, and RSLogix 500 will work for up to 7 days once the dongle is removed from my laptop.  Just the other day i had this file opened in FT view studio and was able to view it just fine, the dongle was no attached to my laptop at the time.  hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue for me, thank you.

Plug your dongle in. I get the same thing every couple days if I don't use my dongle. FT I don't think is on the same 7 day cycle as the logix platform is.

did that when i got into work this morning and all loaded up just fine, thanks!  i wonder what the grace period for FT is now.  Sucks its not the 7 days like Logix is.

FT has a 7 day grace period. Mine did that after I switched to a new PC and my doogle driver wasn't correct/working. After I installed it everything loaded correctly.

i assume my dongle driver is correct/working because it does activate the software and allow me to re up the grace period with Logix. 

Hi all,

I'm also facing same problem something server has not licensed like that, what was the problem exactly i'm not getting. please anyone help me.

It showing like this- The HMI server is not licensed and cannot open a project with more than 5 displays". even i sent that pic also belowUntitled.thumb.png.35dc03e1064aca4d0389c

I am also facing the same problem kindly suggest what to do tried with 7 days trail of rslogix . till yesterday I worked on it without any issue but as i start my laptop then that popup showed and software gone in demo mode