Rolf_Inge

communication L-06 mitsu plc ethernet communication setup

7 posts in this topic

Hi again
I browse through half a dozen mitsubishi manuals but turn up nothing for mitsubishi plc cross-communication.
In this project there are about six L-06 plc:s. All are on the same ethernet network already, communicating nicely with the SCADA system. Per today information is (temporarily) exchanged via the SCADA system.

Here is another hole in my knowledge. Namely how to correctly setup communication between these plc:s. I plan to continuosly exchange some 50 bytes of information.
I would be grateful for some pointers and/or perhaps a reference to a manual.

Cheers to all of you //

And since you're using structured ladder you can download finalized and tested FB's from Mitsu's website:

Standard socket comm: "LQnUDEEthernet_GW2_V200"
Mitsu 3E/1E frame comm: "EthAdvancedQnUDE(H)_GW2"

1 person likes this

You're using L-series so It's already built into the Ethernet of the CPU

Go to your L series parameter setting => Built in ethernet => 
On the bottom left there is a button called Simple PLC communication.

All you have to do now is set up which Data you want to send get or transfer. I think the setting are clear but if they are not... let me know

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Thanks a lot all of you! My knowledge just expanded by wide.

When I get over this cold I will put the solutions to use.

Hi again. The communication between mitsubishi plcs looks solid and straightforwards.

Am now considering the next step which is between mentioned L-06 and a Siemens PLC (S7-300 i believe). According to mitsubishi communication manual TCP looks like a solution. Anyone with some good input in this matter?

Cheers //

http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc/sh081105eng/sh081105enge.pdf

Are you in full control of the Siemens PLC? Can you set up a more or less "simple" data transfer setup, or do you need to use a Siemens protocol? Or can you use a more open standard like ModbusTCP?