Transistor

Sysmac Studio, NA5 HMI, button text Resource ID [Solved]

6 posts in this topic

I'm modifying an existing NA5 HMI program and can find my way around the program OK except for assigning text to buttons.

• Every time I add a new button it assigns the same Resource ID for the button text as was used on the previous button.
  • If I copy and paste a button it also uses the same Resource ID. This is to be expected but there doesn't seem to be a way to change the Resource ID associate with an object.

583ea8e350983_SysmacStudiobuttonresource

Note that the Resource ID value is greyed out and not changeable.

• Editing the text on this button will affect the other two visible in the screengrab even though they were created separately (and not by copy and paste).

Has anyone any ideas on the correct way to set individual Resource IDs on the buttons?

Edited by Transistor
Solved.

You don't change the ResourceID< you change the TEXT field above it.  The text string is registered into the project's Resources list, and assigned the name automatically.

To see the entire Resources list, look near the bottom of the Multiview Explorer.

Thanks, Crossbow. I had found the Resources list OK.

The problem is that all three buttons are pointing to the same resource ID. If I edit the text they all change! Even if I create new buttons they pick up existing resource IDs.

Hi @Transistor,

did you change the Text from the Resources List in the Multiview Explorer? If you change id from there, all text with the same Resource ID will be changed.

You should change the text from the Button Property window. As Crossbow mentioned, it is the Text (Default) part, to the right of it. Not under the expanded arrows. If you change it to different text, a new ResourceID will be created.

This "Resource" thing will be useful if you're doing a screen with multiple Language Version. Otherwise, just change the text from that Text (Default) thingy.

Thanks, guys. I discovered what my problem was:

• The first (default) language on the project is not English.
  • I was copying the buttons and editing the English text (with the intention of going back to the resources and editing the default text.) This is effectively the same as editing the second language in the existing string in the resource list.

The software appears to work as follows:

• If you edit the default text it will create a new resource ID and new string. The ID will update to a new number.
  • You can then edit the second language.
  • If (as in my screengrab) you edit the second language then that will edit the resource and affect any items that use that resource.

It's quite sensible really! ;-)

3 hours ago, Transistor said:

AThanks, guys. I discovered what my problem was:

• The first (default) language on the project is not English.
  • I was copying the buttons and editing the English text (with the intention of going back to the resources and editing the default text.) This is effectively the same as editing the second language in the existing string in the resource list.

Ah... overlooked that in the screenshot. Really, these kind of minor mishaps always create confusions :doh: