Andrei Blagaila

POP UP MESSAGE GOT1000

31 posts in this topic

I need to insert a pop up message in my software (PLC and HMI). When reaching a certain step a message should pop up on the screen and the operator needs to confirm the next step. How do I do that In GOT1000 and GT Designer 3? A simple message that ask's : Is the next step ready? YES/NO? 

Easy,

Create a windows screen. in the System Settings got to Screen switching window Fir instance number 25

Add a screen switcthing device. For instance D100

When the step has been reached  write K25 to D100. The GOT will now display this Window

I want to create a small window that pop's up before i load the product in the machine. The operator needs to confirm the action. Then the window should disappear until the unload phase. 

Yes. If you make a close window command under the yes. (go to screen / overlap window / nr 0) 

Edited by Gambit

I found a Word that was used for existing pop ups. Just created a new screen and loaded it's value in the word when I wanted it to appear. The problem is that it does not overlap. I see just a part of the Text Box when i test it. What am I doing wrong?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Andrei Blagaila

I think you screen size of the pop up is the same size as your page.

Check the screen size button in your overlap windows properties

i don't know where that is. At the moment the pop-up appears when I activate it but when I click the button the software does not activate the memory i want M819 and the button disappears and the background remains on the page. I don't know what i'm doing wrong and the problem is i'm new to GT Designer and don't know where everything is.  Now I tested it and in some screens it disappears after i push M819 and in some it remains. PLEASE HELP!! And now it does not center it.....

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

It's the button is shown in your first screen capture bottom Left (screen size). But i loks like it's okay when I see your second screen grab.

Let start with the beginning. Activating M819 which action have you set ? and is it possible it's being reset from the PLC?

M819 is the button.  M845 activated the screen. M819 closes the window my moving 0 in D107 (pop up word) and pulses another memory that I will later use in the Software.

Untitled.jpg

M819 is not a button it is a devices which has a momentary, Set or Reset action when the button is pressed

Ah you don;t need to program the mov K0 .... . What you should have done it make a Multi state button with a goto screen switch and select 0 as the screen number for the overlap window.

Maybe you should do the e-learning course first:

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/assist/e-learning/eng.html

Edited by Gambit

I'm a bit pressed for time but i'm gonna look over the courses.  I do however have some questions. Why does it not go over the basic screen? You saw that in the printscreen there were the 0's in the backroung that overlap. Also In simulation (i am working strictly in simulation) it does not appear in the center of the pages all the time.  If I try it in different pages  it does not work in all of them. Any advice?

I think those 0 are is simulation mistake. If you want you can also deactivate the main screen when a window 

You can select where a pop up should be positioned. Object => windows position => overlap window xx

What doesn't work in all of them ? The pop up itself

No. The pop up appears but the button sometimes is shown, sometimes not. And if I press it it does not always work.

For example in the alarm log page it appears but when i click on the button is disappears but does not change state in the Software. In other pages it just does not overlap all the elements in that page.

Just now, Andrei Blagaila said:

I'm a bit pressed for time but i'm gonna look over the courses.  I do however have some questions. Why does it not go over the basic screen? You saw that in the printscreen there were the 0's in the backroung that overlap. Also In simulation (i am working strictly in simulation) it does not appear in the center of the pages all the time.  If I try it in different pages  it does not work in all of them. Any advice?

GTD3 provide a lot of functionality with windows screen and overlaps screens. You just need switch and add him actions, also you can use scripts.

See my example.

Configuring of Overlap Windows, if you want control appear position of window use "display Position" as you see 1st overlap window d101, X D102, YD103. Also i don't use Window bar it's crap.

142.png.ce9c767185efc33e29807f0ec7a748dd

This is config of button in red circle. When i press it, will open Overlap window2 (devices D104, X D105, Y D106). Also a can use word set command and write to D104 = 18 for opening this window. This window appear with position X160,Y137.

143.png.e5a3e61fd7f1253629248c40c312696a

This is overlap window with number 18 (Chose Trends) and configuration of button in red circle.

When i press this button:

1,2 - Set position for overlap window1 (X16, Y90)

3 - Close current opened overlap window2 (Chose Trends), writing 0 in his device. d104

4 - Open Base screen 6 ( Also i can use word set and write in GD100=6)

5 - Open overlap window 1 with address screen 20. (D101=20)

144.png.b8697534e8f5305048cdbd9fb96930b3

On this picture showed Base Screen with number 6 and Overlap window1 with screen number 20 in red circle.

145.png.79dafc4b5099006153e6521a824497d7

Hope it can help you for understanding.

Your screen switching Devices are D101 for overlap window 1 and D104 for overlap window 2.
The positions of the overlap window are gotten from the PLC aswell D102 + D103 for overlap window 1 and D105 + D106 overlap window2
PLC devices are used so they can initiate a window pop-up

Your second screen is a button which will open a second overlap window (screen 18) at the position (160,117)

The next one does excactly what you describe so it seams you know the meaning of each item.

What is not clear?

Edited by Gambit

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2aaf41c0a78a32fd23f91What's the difference between overlap window and superimpose? My D107 was superimposed and when i switched to overlap it works now but i'm afraid it will ruin my affect my other pop up messages. Also I did not understand how to center the message.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Andrei Blagaila

With superimpose the screen looks embedded into the base screen. But you have probably only have the overlap windows selected in the screen switching settings.

You mean center the pop up in the screen ? If it is overlap window one then set an X,Y position into D102 and D103

Yeah. I need to lock the base in order for the operator to be forced to remove the card and confirm. Once I do this, It looks like in the picture. What do I need to set in order for it to appear nice and over the base screen? I don't want to see the white writing in my window.

Untitled.jpg

Just clean superimpose window check box and dialog window check box.  Use overlap window3 with device D107, X:D108, Y:D109.

In you program step 1044 add movp command for write into D108 and D109 coordinates of center.

If you afraid ruin something use free memory area of registers, but before check it. Change D107 in GTD3 and in program on D300 for example if it doesn't use.

Sorry Disabling the back sceen is only possible in the GOT2000 series.

As for the location D102 and D103.  The X Y posotion you can see at the bottom of GT designer when you move your mouse over the location

3 minutes ago, Andrei Blagaila said:

I need to lock the base in order for the operator to be forced to remove the card and confirm

If you want lock back screen try to use "Dialog window". I have checked it, it's working and appearing in center.

Edited by Clear.Mind

I have did the following:

I have used another word D106 that I have used in the Overlap Window. Now it is working although the operator has the functionality of other devices. I think in case of a problem it is better to use it like this. @Gambit I need to use the MOV K0 D106 because if not I activate Confirm button but message still remains on screen.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Untitled.jpg