Omar_ri_pre

GOT1000&CompactLogix Tags

8 posts in this topic

Hello Im new using HMI got1000, Im trying to connect using Ethernet this HMI to a compactlogix, i already imported the tags, but i can't use any of them, because the gtworks3 says "you have to map the tags for set a device", i dont know what means map the tags, some one can help me please?

Edited by Omar_ri_pre

As i understand you need to get associating tags with the device. . Read GT Designer3 Version1 Screen Design Manual (Fundamentals) chapter 9.3 Importing Tags Created by Third Party Programming Software

You can find it GTD3 help/manual/index/

There is some picture from manual mb it can helps you.

12.png.4d47781b741c966bd4a9a466d5aa7250.13.png.f9133926fdad863c80f75c45b702d18e.

Also you can try to directly connect to plc memory. Read GOT1000 Series Connection Manual (Non-Mitsubishi Products 2) for GT Works3 

583ab4c871e5d_.png.18589e4e02fbc7517c512583ab4cc11218_2.png.2fcf98e5210f53a35d78

Edited by Clear.Mind

Yeah, i read all that information already, but i got 2 problems the first one i dont know how to map the tags, the second one the gtworks3 just read me bolean and int type, but the dint and real tags the gtworks3 doesnt read them, Im gonna upload my tags and some screens for show you

1.In the first image when i try to import tags i got that message.

2.In the second image im trying to set one tag to a one button, but the tags are there but i cant select one of them, because i dont have a device name

I attached my tags, i hope someone can help me

rslogiix5000tags2.CSV

1.png

2.png

I'm not familiar with AB, but i think problem in your CVS file. You made it wrong without plcmapping, as i understand your tags doesn't associate with memory cell (like In Mitsubishi Global variables without mit-addr - Refresh_all for example on pic.) So GTD3 don't know which one of memory cell need to read. 

64.png.298de2b27fd46b809f0b49cca23b5953.

Try to find some about plcmapping in RSlogix and make cvs again.

I have found some doc about AB tags.

sd.png.0ba4320dd63514a41e47824a626daf22.

Edited by Clear.Mind

Yes, i know the problem is in the tags, but rslogix create the tags, thats the problem, so when the gtworks3 says "map" means the rslogix has to map the tags or i have to do that? Or what does map means?

2 hours ago, Omar_ri_pre said:

Yes, i know the problem is in the tags, but rslogix create the tags, thats the problem, so when the gtworks3 says "map" means the rslogix has to map the tags or i have to do that? Or what does map means?

It's mapping of memory.When you connect directly without TAG you choose file type, file # and elements #. I have tried manually change your cvs accordingly with datasheet, but zero results. I think you have to make direct connection.