Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_lee

ge fanuc series 5 problems

2 posts in this topic

Hello

We have a machine with a ge fanuc series 5  ic655cpu500j it has a bus controller with multiple modules. first it wouldn't go into run mode so we sent it to the company the machine come from. they sent it back said it was ok we tried it again the cpu red light was on and the I/O amber light was on this time. so we sent rack and all back they said the cpu was bad sent it back with another cpu well the run light came on but the I/O light was on but when we powered it down and turned it back on the diag the mem and the I/O light was on and no run. on the bus controller bd ok light is green and the comm ok light too but  none of the modules have the I/O enabled light on. we have a old dos computer but we haven't had any luck finding the logicmaster 5 software any ideas would be appreciated thanks. 

My recommendation is to replace the Series Five. It has been obsolete for twenty years. You could keep your Genius I/O, but that too is obsolete.

These guys might be able to help you. http://www.qualitrol.com/c-45-series-five.aspx