Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThePLCPeon

Data Logging with GT Designer3

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to log data using GT Designer 3 and I'm having no luck. I found some sort of online documentation and even going through the myriad of steps still find my self unable to log anything.

I am using the melsoft project navigator and GX Works 2 to simulate the logging of just one 16 bit signed word with a constant value. As logging data is clearly not as simple as just specifying D100 or D200 as the devices you want to log, I am hoping someone else on here has some experience on this matter and can help me out. 

Thanks for any help in advance.

Fairly certain data logging requires actual hardware, that it doesn't work in simulation.

What are the possible reasons of writing error in data logging?

Thank you.

As @Crossbow stated you need actual hardware to have the data log working. I've done a few and just did trial/ error while online with the equipment. Logging the data is as simple as specifying your device. In GT Designer 3 go to Object > Historical Data Display > Place the chart. From here you can change your parameters. Double click on the chart and you can state the device, device type etc.  

Hope that helps.