christophertedjo

setting data in QD75D4

9 posts in this topic

i want to try making a Square with 2 servos, im using mr-j3-20A and mr-j3-40A with QD75D4 as motion control.

do i set the data in position_axis data or  in starting_axis block data??

i want the motor-20A move CW for 1 rotation, then motor-40A CW for 1 rotation, then motor then motor-20A CCW for 1 rotation, and last motor 40-A CCW for 1 rotation. and i get the square.

the motor have 262144 pulse per rotation. i want it move simultaneously  

or are there anyother way? 

what is interpolation?

positioning axis data.PNG

block data.PNG

Simultaneously means at the same time.  Your sequence to draw a square is sequential not simultaneous.

I think in the operation pattern column you can select continuous, and set your 4 moves one in each row with the first 3 continuous, and the last to end.  then you trigger motion number 1 and all 4 would execute in series.

I agree with @crossbow

For a square, you first just need move a axis 1 and after the axis 2 and so on until the square is completed.

Just use the posioning data.

Genneraly, you use interpolation when you want a 45 degrees linear moviment or a circle/arc moviment when the servomotor is mounted on the other servomotor (like a robot of 6 DOF).
For example: when you want move a axis 3 of the robot for a specific point, you need make a interpolation with axis 1 and 2 thas are "the base" of axis 3.
I hope was clear.

13 hours ago, AlexMota said:

I agree with @crossbow

For a square, you first just need move a axis 1 and after the axis 2 and so on until the square is completed.

Just use the posioning data.

Genneraly, you use interpolation when you want a 45 degrees linear moviment or a circle/arc moviment when the servomotor is mounted on the other servomotor (like a robot of 6 DOF).
For example: when you want move a axis 3 of the robot for a specific point, you need make a interpolation with axis 1 and 2 thas are "the base" of axis 3.
I hope was clear.

okay thanks for your explanation alex and @Crossbow

I've tried like this but its fail, both of the motor works simultaneously.

any suggestion?

0 is the initial position.

i set motor x to first move to 65536, and stay there for 1 position (position 5), then back to 0

the motor x move at position 5 and back at position 7.

but the motor works simultaneously. if i set the axis #2 in data axis #1 the program thinks i want to interpolating.

axis1 data.PNG

axis2.PNG

Edited by christophertedjo

You will need two positioning data for each axis.
The operation pattern must be END for each positioning data.
In the ladder logic, start the positioning data 1 of Axis 1 and check if the movement was completed (This is a X input that depends of slot of module).
When the signal is true (the moviment was completed) , start the positionig data 1 of axis 2 and check if the moviment was completed.
Repeat it until the sqare was completed.

As Alex said, since some of your moves are on the first axis and some on the second, you need to set them to END, and you need to check in your code that the move has completed to trigger the next one.