max123

Analog programming

10 posts in this topic

Hello

I'am new to using omron I was wondering how to program analog in- and outputs. I'am using a omron sysmac cvm1-cpu21-v2, with ad101 and da101 i/o modules. Who can help me with the basics?  All help would be appreciated thanks!

Edited by max123

CVM1 is really really old.  I don't know if I even still have PDFs for those manuals.   I will see.  With the newer PLCs, the card will occupy multiple words of memory and the manual will explain how each module uses the words it was allocated.

1 hour ago, Jay Anthony said:

Not so old for some of us....

These were great for replacing the C1000/C2000 series.

Jay, I need to find that server you have that hosts every Omron manual known to man.

Awesome guys! Thanks for the help, I've read the manuals. It is maybe a bit stupid from me, but I still don't understand what I need to do in the CX-Programmer...

As Crossbow has mentioned, this PLC is very old. I don't believe you'll have configuration dialog boxes like you do with most of the newer PLCs.

1) You'll need to understand the memory structure of the CVM1.

2) To configure the AD and DA cards, you'll need to manually set memory locations in the CVM1. You can find this info in the Analog I/O Units manual. In most cases you need to write to DM memory locations. In CX Programmer, use a MOV instruction to set the values that you require for your physical setup.

I haven't looked at the manual in many years. There may be rotary switches and DIP switches as well which will be described in the Analog I/O Units manual. You'll need to ask specific question to get specific answers.

Jay I am aware you've been in PLCs longer than I have been alive.  ;)

When I started with Omron PLCs in 98, that was considered a legacy product. That's nearly 20 years ago.

CV PLCs came out in 1990.  I remember when the marketing people came back from Japan, all  they could takl about was shark "FINS".

You are my number one resource for Mitsubishi.  Good job for all you do.

My knowledge on them is starting to age, I don't use them anymore.  But I still help out where I can, did work with them almost exclusively for 10 years.