Andrei Blagaila

Battery Usage register SD118

18 posts in this topic

I found a value shown on my HMI SD118 that says battery usage. Does this show me the battery state in the CPU or something else? I have not been able to find a manual that shows and explains this register. Thank you

Which GOT are you using. For the iQ-R SD118 is reserved for (CPU) station number.  it is not a GOT register (GOT1000 or 2000). If you require a battery indication device to reference on the GOT associate  System Signal 2-2 bit 12 as its built in Battery voltage drop signal.

System Signal 2-2 is assigned in the System Information selection under Environmental Settings in the System Tab of GT Designer3 (assuming the HMI is a GOT 2000 or 1000).

5829d846bc5ed_Systemsignal2.thumb.png.b1

I'm Using a GOT1000. (GT16). It's my first time using mitsubishi and I don't understand a lot. Also not having the HW here I find myself asking stupid questions like does the GOT have it's own battery? I thought that it indicated the battery of the CPU.

The 1000 does come with its own battery for data retention when logging or alarming.

So that's what SD118 is for. I kept searching the internet for information but I couldn't find anything. Thank you for your help. By chance have you ever done a warning on a HMI using SM51 SM52 (battery warning for Q50UDEHCPU). I want to implement a warning in the HMI that tells the operator when the CPU battery needs to be changed.

GOT1000 has a very good alarm management system.  You can create an alarm off the PLC addresses, so when the battery goes low it can trigger an alarm condition in the HMI...

SD118 holds information of the station number in the PLC

@Akahige do you by chance have documentation about registers like SD118? I cannot find anything about registers like this on the web

@Crossbow do you have some documentation how to set up an alarm/warning? I want to set up SM51 or SM52 to a warning because there is no need to stop the machine if the battery is running low. (in my opinion)

I found how to add an alarm but now I realise the machine will stop with it. In the files about the machine (I have absolutely no technical support) I found a list of also warnings that pop un in the HMI. I think it's better to do it like this but I do not know how to add this message and condition it. Where is the list in the HMI file found? I don't have variable id's next to the comments in the file i found so i'm running blind. Is there a special place to store messages in the HMI? I want it to say CPU BATTERY LOW. PLEASE CHANGE IT without stopping the machine and without changing a lot of the existing SW. Thank you

7 hours ago, Andrei Blagaila said:

@Akahige do you by chance have documentation about registers like SD118? I cannot find anything about registers like this on the web

See the attached file with system devices ( included SD118)

SystemRelaysSystemReg.pdf

About message you want create

There are some ways to do that:

You can use a alarm advanced (availible in project tree)

Or you can use a word comment display object linked with a comment created to show the messages you want.

The simplest way to me( just to show the Battery low message) is write the code below in ladder and create a simple BIT LAMP Object with the M device you used.

--|SM52|------(M[n])--

@AlexMota My HMI and SW are already done. I tried implementing the alarm but the machine will stop (everything has been already mapped out and I cannot use and another alarm adress). I have managed to get using a Word Comment the message out. The HMI had already a comment list for messages. Basically it loads a value from 1 to 1100 (number of coments) in a word. Depending on the number the Word Comment shows the text is has stored in the comments. My problem is that who designed the messaging system programed the messages to stay on 3 seconds and vanish. Now I have the message I want but no way of knowing if the operator saw it or not. I am now thinking of doing an message log page but my problem is I do not know how to do one with a only a WORD that displays every comment. In the alarm log there are 250 alarm each with it's own bit. Here only one Word. Any advice?

The manuals for the GOT1000 are very solid, and explain quite well how to create alarm functions.  It sounds like whoever wrote your HMI did not use them and designed something of their own.  I can't help you with custom code.

@Crossbow Is there a way to make a log page (i know how to make the page) that shows a word comment instead of individual bits in the log? The alarm uses individual bits. I want to use the Word that stores all the messaged. Is it possible?

GOT1000 alarms can be tied to bits or to the value of a variable or word.  And it offers alarm display options including a scrolling popup window when an alarm occurs.

Creating a bunch of comments and displaying them based on a number in a register is not using the alarm functions of the HMI at all.

22 hours ago, Andrei Blagaila said:

@AlexMota My HMI and SW are already done. I tried implementing the alarm but the machine will stop (everything has been already mapped out and I cannot use and another alarm adress). I have managed to get using a Word Comment the message out. The HMI had already a comment list for messages. Basically it loads a value from 1 to 1100 (number of coments) in a word. Depending on the number the Word Comment shows the text is has stored in the comments. My problem is that who designed the messaging system programed the messages to stay on 3 seconds and vanish. Now I have the message I want but no way of knowing if the operator saw it or not. I am now thinking of doing an message log page but my problem is I do not know how to do one with a only a WORD that displays every comment. In the alarm log there are 250 alarm each with it's own bit. Here only one Word. Any advice?

IF you have the message.
I suggest you find where in the logic this 3 seconds happened.
Could be in ladder or in GOT script.
Then change the logic to message just goes off after a reset operator, for example.

I found where the message was. Thanks. It's a great Idea. The messages were predefined for 3 seconds and then to disappear. This is a great solution but my only concern is that if another warning appears one of them will not show. This is the reason why I introduced a M memory for each message. Then using these I created an alarm log (even though it's not really an alarm) and now I have a functional warning log. Some issues have come forward unfortunately. I think there is a default refresh reading time because if 2 warnings come very close one after the other it does not show the second one. Still a work in progress but your Idea is great for managing this log with a reset log button. Thanks.