linutux

Differents versions of controllers in Studio 5000

9 posts in this topic

I have Studio Logix v29, but I have received a machine with a Compactlogix PLC with firmware v24.

How can I install controller v24 in Studio 5000?. In RsLogix5000, I have installed from v13 to v19.

Just like having multiple versions of RSLogix 5000, you need to install Studio 5000 v24.  If you don't have TechConnect, get in touch with your local distributor to get the version you need.

Isn't there any problem when installing an older version over a  newer version?

There may be, or it may work perfectly.  I've never had trouble installing an older version next to a newer one, but I've heard stories of folks who have.  It doesn't replace v29, it's there next to it.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, linutux said:

This will not degrade your current version. They install separately.

On 11/11/2016 at 2:59 PM, linutux said:

Nope. I just installed 28, then 19 thru 20 (or maybe 21 don't remember), then 24

There can be multiple Logix5000 or Studio5000 versions installed on the same PC (when you start Logix/Studio5000, the splash screen will show you all the versions properly installed).  

After Ver 20, RSLogix5000 became Studio5000.

RSLogix5000 is stable to run on 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems (WinXP, Win7, Win8)

Studio5000 is stable to run on mostly on 64-bit operating systems (Win7, Win8, Win10)

For me, I would suggest creating separate VirtualMachines...one WinXP 32-bit for Logix5000 and one Win7 for Studio5000.  Keep everyone in their own backyard.

From an integrator's perspective....

I use VMWare and maintain multiple images.  I have an older WinXP SP3 32Bit for everything v20 and older.  I also have a Win7 SP164Bit  with both RSLogix5000 and Studio/Logix Designer5000 with v11 thru 29.

I then have separate images for Siemens, Omron, Panasonic, AutomationDirect, Wonderware, etc...

1 person likes this