eamonc

Q01U CPU (E71) TO E1101 HMI

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Any help will be much appreciated!!

I have a Q01U CPU with a QJ71E71-100 Ethernet card and an E1101 HMI. I cannot get the two to work together!! I have set both up, and I am able to download to the PLC via ethernet, and also download to the HMI via ethernet, but in setting up the peripheral the HMI will not read values from the PLC.

I have tried setting up the peripheral as Q-Series (E71) selecting Qnn_CPU, and also as MC Protocol. I am getting an error message on the HMI - 2: Error IP stn 10 (this makes sense to me as I have set up the PLC as station 10, IP address 192.168.1.10, the HMI is 192.168.1.1) Tried UDP and TCP.

It is also set up as a second peripheral as the HMI is already communicating with another PLC (via serial)

I need to do this via ethernet and am completely stuck at this stage

Any advice on how to do this successfully would be great! I have seen other similar posts to this, but no matter what I try I just cannot seem to do it, so I'm obviously missing something simple!!

Thanks!

Could you post a couple of screenshots of your current setup (one of the "Open Setting" in the PLC software, and one of the "Peripherals" for the HMI)?

P.S. Did you update to the latest available drivers for the HMI? (File -> Update E1032-E1151 Drivers From -> Internet)?

Thanks Nightfly,

I'll give that a try when I'm back on that job next week, I think I have the Open Settings wrong on the PLC!

I'll post screenshots then if that hasn't helped!

Sorry, I'm only getting back now...

I've tried the settings Nightfly mentioned with no luck. The green/orange lights on the ethernet port are not even lighting up. (I am still able to download into both the HMI and the PLC via ethernet, so they are working OK)

I have a few questions (and obviously any other help would be appreciated!)

1. Where is the port number 6030 coming from? I have tried modifying that based on values I've seen while downloading, but no change)

2. How did you select Simultaneous for the IP address and what does that mean?

3. Is there anything I need to set besides the Operation, Initial and Open Settings of the Ethernet Card on the PLC?

4. What am I doing wrong???!?!?!?!

Mits_Prob.thumb.png.69d388713db506d4c8b6

Edited by eamonc

1. 6030 is the local port number of the HMI (in the same way that 1281 - 0x501 - is the local port on the E71).
2. Write 255.255.255.255 (or FFFFFFFF)
3. You could take screenshots if the below does not work

I also think you need to enable pairing.. Se picture below of settings that should be correct...

pairing.png

Thanks for the info!!

Unfortunately still not working for me!

Here are all the relevant settings (I think) in the HMI

5821ce1beed5d_hmimits.thumb.png.4092d468

And the settings in the PLC

5821ce1e1951b_plcmits.png.c53adf5dd52bc6

I tried this paired and unpaired.

Also, in case it's relevant though I don't think it is... I'm using IEC Developer, not GX Works (this was requested)

Thanks for any help guys, in case it hasn't come across yet this is my first Mitsubishi job and I've tried everything I can think of!!

The port number does not matter if you use the settings as shown for the PLC. To get Simultan you need to enter 255,255,255,255 for the transition target IP address (it basically means that any unused UDP port number can be used).

I have just created a basics PLC and HMI project (the PLC is in IEC) on our test rigs that works with the above settings. You can download them from...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ksd4p3m3uno1i6f/AACJeYfrpWeLOkIggvQYJkXxa?dl=0

Also check the Operational settings are set to “always wait for Open (Communication Possible at STOP time)

Regards

Nightfly, very much appreciated to go to that effort! I can't use the exact files you've given me at the minute (though my next step is to do that but change controller type)

I've mimicked all the settings as you had them on both devices, and still no luck....

I'm beginning to think the fact it's a Q01U CPU may have something to do with it? the PLC Model settings all refer to a Qnn CPU, not a QnnU. I've noticed another setup the same working using just the Qnn CPU (Over RS232) though so that's maybe a longshot

Or perhaps because it's a second controller? I can't imagine why but these are the only two differences i see in my program and yours

Does the HMI actually come up with an error (Error STN blah blah blah) - or is it just that values of the PLC that are not shown?

2: Error IP stn 10

appears on the top left corner

Just for fun: Try setting "My Port Address" to "0" in the HMI (indicates that the HMI will pick a random port number when initiating the connection). Also, if that doesn't work, just to check: Try to set station number = 1 in the E71. Shouldn't cause any problems but you never know...

If none of the above works, do you have a chance to upload your programs (E-Designer and GX IEC) somewhere? We don't need all your code, just the network settings in both projects...

EDIT: Also, shouldn't really matter but try setting the second Ethernet port to a different IP address than the first Ethernet port (just to rule that out too).

Edited by kaare_t
Ethernet ports