bigvern10

Setting the time in an E1100

6 posts in this topic

Hello!

Is there a simple way to set the clock in an E1100 HMI?  I have E-Designer 7, a CAB30 cable and have uploaded the project from the HMI, but can't find a way to perform an online time change.  I could send the project back to the HMI with the SET TERMINAL CLOCK boxed ticked on the transfer screen but any uploading of programs involves a bucket load of paperwork which, as you can imagine, I'm keen to avoid... 

On the transfer screen on E-Designer 7, I wondered whether unchecking SEND COMPLETE PROJECT and checking NONE under PARTIAL SEND would just set the clock or would the program in the HMI be erased?

Thank you for any assistance!

Vern

Just put the clock (Button 08:05) on a page on a screen and give acces (enable operator input).

The program won't be erased when you do a partial send

Edited by Gambit

Well Gambit's Idea is the best solution. However, if you cannot do this for whatever reason then as you already surmised un-ticking everything except "Set terminal Clock" will just change the clock (to the current time on you PC). The unit will obviously go into transfer mode but when it reboots only the time will have changed.

In my opinion the best solution is to use a SNTP server and synchronize the time from that. By doing this you have the same clock "all around" your facilities. It will work automatically on an interval you specify.

Thank you so much for your solutions.  I'll give it a go later on. Cheers!