Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter Nielsen

powerflex 527

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I am about to program a new project with 34 Powerflex 527 drives. The controller is a L71s with safety partner and i want to use the Integrated STO over Ethernet
with my controller.

The pf527 should only be used for basic HZ control.

My question is = Do some of you have experience with PF527 drives and the STO function over Ethernet ? and  also know how to run the drives basic with HZ control ?
Maybe I can get a little sample code to I can read.

I have slowly started but I think I have gone a little stuck
 With kindly regards Peter

Although I haven't worked with the PF527 line, I do believe they offer basic V/Hz control.  I do not have a code example I can share, but this Work Instruction will walk you through using CCW to add the drive to your project, then use RSLinx and Studio5000 to bring the networked drive into your project.  After that, create the safety routine to utilize the STO feature, add motion code and you are set.  

Work Instruction - Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 525 VFD Startup.doc

Hi Kaiser

Thank you. But i know how program PF525.  I have done a project with 10 Powerflex 525 without a problem. The STO was hardwired in this project.

PF525 you use normal code but with PF527 you need to use Motion commands. And in this program the STO is over Ethernet.

What i request some kind of code example of resetting STO when a fault occur and then starting the drives with a speed for example 40 Hz.

Aint there anybody who have made a code with these drives ?