Andrei Blagaila

Q50UDEHCPU battery info

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the Q50UDEHCPU is supplied with a battery for saving the RAM memory in case of power down? Also i read that you can put a second battery to back-up the memory stored in the Memory Card in case of power down. Is this also supplied by Mitsubishi or does it need to be ordered separately?

Battery comes with CPU.  As for a second battery there is no such thing, unless you mean using the RAM memory card which also has a battery.  That only backs up the memory card.

Both can be purchased from Mitsubishi.

Yes, the battery that backs up the memory card. Is that supplied by default or does it need to be ordered separate?

The memory card is not supplied by default, hence you will have to order one if you want to use one. However the most common way of using a RAM card is to extend the capacity of the memory, not to try and make some kind of "backup" or similar...

The battery for the memory card comes along if you buy the memory card (which must be purchased from Mitsu), but of course you have no battery if you don't have the mem card.

This would be a lot easier if you explain what your concerns are. E.g. do you want a "safer" backup of your program files, or your devices? Do you need to extend your limits in regards to devices? Why do you need a memory card in the first place?

I read the owner manual for the q50UDEH and I wanted to know exactly what it comes with. I am working on a project (already coded by someone else) that has produced with the HW and SW a lot of machines. The problem is i'm working blind, because I don't have the Hardware here to see exactly what is present on the CPU. I have to do a sort of manual for the clients where I recommend changing the battery every x years and so on. And I wanted to know what is standard and what is not. Thank you for your help. Now I understand the use of the memory card (if present) and that it comes with a battery if ordered from Mitsu.

OK, so for replacement you don't replace the whole mem card!!! You only order a new battery for the mem card and replace it - don't purchase a totally new mem card!

Secondly, note that the battery for the CPU is NOT the same as the battery for the mem card. You'll need two different batteries (Mitsu will know when you contact them).

Memory card is an option.  Not included by default.

CPU battery Q6BAT is built into the CPU and is included with.  Change it every 5 years, per the manual.

I read in the manual that also there is a special memory SM51 and SM52 that warn you when your battery is low. I was thinking of adding a functionality to the HMI with a pop-up message when one of these turn on. (One turns on and stays on even if the battery level improves and one stays on only when the battery level is low).