mrtasln01

Conveyor Speed Control By Using PID Control in PLC

3 posts in this topic

Hi,friends.

I have a project which is about control of speed.When I do this ,I need to use  Schneider PLC with M238 by using PID Controller.I decided to  control  speed of electric motor of this PLC .

Is there any source material or anyone who struggled with this before  for this project?

Hi there,

I think is not  necessary to apply the PID function to controlling the speed of conveyor. Just use Analog Output (4-20mA or 0-10 Vdc, etc) and connected to the analog input of Variable Speed Drive (VSD) of motor is enough. This was many applied in the coal conveyor or coal belt feeder without the PID function, it is work well.

Edited by Azdi Mus

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve for control.  The PID function would be used if you had some other condition controlling the speed of the conveyor.  For example if the motor current increases because the conveyor is becoming overloaded you could speed up the belt to lessen the amount of material going to the conveyor or maybe some other factor control the speed of the conveyor.  Otherwise if you are just trying to set a speed you could do as Azdi Mus Suggested.