Nicholas Christian

CJ1M Contacts and Timers

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to make the address of an open/closed contact the name/address of a timer? Or, rather, how do you link a contact to a timer?

I'm working with a CJ1M CPU-11, and I think the available commands in CX-Programmer vary from PLC to PLC.

Thank you for your time and help, it is appreciated. God bless.

Not entirely sure what you are asking but ......

You can use any contact format of a timer that you want (NO or NC, and differentiated ON or OFF). The contact identification for timer #10 would be T0010. The mnemonic would be LD T0010 for a NO contact.

If you are defining a symbol for a timer be sure to define it as a BOOL not a TIMER. The TIMER object type only applies to the CJ2M, but CX-P will default to TIMER for other CPU types also.

Sorry about that. Thank you for your reply!

I'm confused because I'm studying a ladder logic program and I see that it contains the following: a normally closed contact labelled TIM000. The corresponding Timer, TIMH000, is on the same rung of logic. Can you tell me what is happening here? I saw that and thought the contact's address was simply a timer name.

I should clarify also that this ladder logic is not from a CJ1M PLC. I'm trying to learn from it and apply it to a CJ1M.

Thank you again for your time and help. It is appreciated.

It is a timed, automatic reset I would suggest. Probably used to create a timed pulse.

I agree with Bob. That description sounds like a timer that is being used to generate some sort of clock pulse. The timer contact will be true for one program cycle whenever the timer expires. For example: if that timer is set to 5 seconds then the timer contact will be true for one scan every 5 seconds. There will be at least one more contact of that timer used somewhere else in the program as a clock pulse, probably to start (or stop) some logic sequence.

Thanks guys! That makes sense.

Do you know of a tutorial or resource I can use to learn how to do just that? I only have the completed logic, but don't know how do it for a CJ1M controller.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Here is a simple example - a self resetting, free running timer set at 0.5 seconds. On the rising edge of the timer output 1 will be incremented into D1000. the timer will then reset and commence timing down again.

Pulse.JPG