Harlock

CX-Supervisor: Log slows down?

5 posts in this topic

Regards!

I have built a record in CX-Supervisor of about 56 analog variables whose sampling every 2 seconds. However, I find that when I examine the record made of multiple shots of sampling times instead of 2 seconds, I sampled every 3. That is, every 20 to 40 samples one takes me 3 seconds instead of 2.

This may be due to overloading of the SCADA? That having so many variables that record and monitor sometimes take more than 2 seconds and reach than 3. You know the real cause and a solution?

Thank you!

I am not familiar with CX-Supervisor, but I really doubt that 56 analog variables every 2 seconds is too much load on your system. You say you've built a record, does that mean that you are logging the data somewhere (internal/external database)? What equipment do you have, and how does CX-Supervisor communicate with the peripheral equipment?

Performance wise I would say that 56 analog variables would be displayed and logged instant.

I have built a record of 56 analog variables sampling time 2 seconds. I am recording the data in a proprietary database of CX-Supervisor. The extension of these files is * .dlv.
Now I do not have the characteristics of the PC because it is in customer factory, but I remember a computer is about 2 years old with Windows 7.
The PC and the PLC communicate via Ethernet.

However, in the SCADA screen I show much more than these 56 variables. In total about 500 of all types, Boolean, integer, ....

Again, I'm not experienced with CX-Supervisor but it is a "big brand name" so I think something must be very wrong. This has never been a problem for me when using OPC servers or SCADA systems (or a simple HMI panel for that matter). Logging 56 analog variables is nothing, and your 500 devices (mixed types) should not affect logging that much... In addition I suspect that both the proprietary DB and the supervisor is on the same computer hence there's no networking issues either.

Hopefully someone in this forum is more experienced in CX-Supervisor than me and can direct you where the problem might be.

CX-Supervisor is an Omron product, you might be able to get support directly from Omron.  You may also want to post in the Omron forum so more Omron users can see it.