Andrei Blagaila

Hardware config doubt

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I received two different versions of the SW for the same machine. One is saved with the name Q100UDEH and one with Q50UDEH. I was expecting the Q100 to have insite the I/O assignment a Q100 CPU but is has still a Q50. My problem is that I tried to compare the two projects using Project verify and it gives me an error saying that the PLC's are different. Do you know where else I can look to see if the Q100 in set as a CPU besides I/O Assignment?

Thank you :D

Which Software package was used?

Usually the PLC type is at the bottom Line of the project. But you can also choose change PLC type under project.

This will show you the current choosen PLC type

Edited by Gambit

Yeah. I fount it. Under Project  - > Change PLC Type  It was Q100UDEH. But if it's like this and in the I/O assignment it's Q50UDEH doesn't it go into error if you try to load it ?

The IO Assignment Model name is just a name. It's only for reference and has no influence on the project.
It's could also be used to give a description. For instance you can have multiple analog cards. So you can give a name for it's purpose.

If you want to know the actual modules used in a system. You can use the system monitor.
You can then also get the serial number and Firmware version of each module.

The setting after the Model name are relevant for the system !!!!! points - Start X/Y - Switch settings etc.

And as a small side note to @Gambit's answer: Both CPU's (Q50 and Q100) have the same I/O capabilities. The only difference is the available memory which is bigger in the Q100.

Hi,

Just a extra information that could be useful

You can see the memory used in your PLC Project , following this steps in GX Works

1 - Open 'tool' menu

2- Click 'Confirm Memory size'

3- Choose the 'target memory' and 'edit data' you want check

4- Click 'Execute'

Diagnostics=>  system monitor

Of course this checks the hardware regardless of your settings in the project

Then I can only check the I/O assignment because i don't have the HW here :(