Leone

NA bad responsiveness

10 posts in this topic

Hello.

I have made a few applications on NA HMI and all of NA has really bad responsiveness which is really annoying. Switching between pages is slow and it is not always the same delay between the same pages. Also responsiveness of BOOL variables is slow sometimes.  I used to work with NS and NB HMI and there I have not had such problems.

When I connect with my PC to PLC then responsiveness of NA become even worse.

Has anyone had similar problems or could anyone tell me what is the problem?

Thanks,

Erik

First, the default update rate for variables is 500ms.  There is a column in the Global Variables list where you can change the update rate for each variable.  If you need to change a bunch, copy and paste the variables to Excel and change them, then paste them back in.

Second, Studio 1.17 as mentioned has made some speed improvements both in the software and in the HMI operation.

How many items are on the pages which are slow to load?  How many high resolution graphics?

Hi Leone,

Crossbow is certainly right, but I think treating the symptom not the cause. Like you say, when you add more comms load to the NJ it gets worse. This suggests the NJ is overloaded. 

Check out the NJ task monitor. Either increase your Primary Task time or increase the Service time to allow more time for comms

Does that help?

BB

Thanks to all...

I updated the Sysmac to 1.17 and this was not helpful, the same problem.

All variables have 500ms update rate. I have changed update rate to lower and higher also but the result is always the same.

I checked a task monitor. Primary task was set to 1ms and average task time was 0.6ms, task period has never been exceeded.

I changed the task time to 4ms and that is the only thing that brought out some positive result. The  responsiveness  of NA is a bit better but still far away to be happy.

What did you mean with Service time Berti Baker? Did you mean System service execution interval? I increased this interval and result was worse. The shorter is the interval, better is the responsiveness of NA.

System services is where the Ethernet communications is handled.  If you look at the defaults, it is set to get at least 10% of every 10ms.  If you are doing large amounts of communication, you may want to give it more time.  To do that, say for example 10% of 5ms.  Or 20% of 10ms.  If system services needs more time than you allowed it, it will push it's priority up to 17, so it will jump in front of priority 17 and priority 18 tasks.

I don't have any issues with speed on the NA here.  But my screens are fairly basic...

I made a compromise that I set periodic tasks execution time to 100ms instead of 30ms. 

NA seems a bit better now but it is not what I want. I think the top model should be the best also in responsiveness but it is not. (NB terminal is much faster).

I also got some demo application made by Omron and  responsiveness is bad as well. I think that is something wrong with hardware...

Thank you all for your help.

I had the same problem. In a bigger project screen switch time took up to 10s. I noticed that most of the lag comes from pages where I use TabControl elements. And when I remove all TabControl elements from the project, HMI operation speed increased significally.