Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Rod

Twido PLC on Ethernet

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any experience with the latest Modicon Twido PLC?? The new model is not available here is australia yet, but i am hoping others have used it elswhere. I am most interested in its Ethernet capabiities. Basically i need a small PLC with ethernet capablilities to SCADA (Wonderware), comms to a local HMI screen and possibly comms to an ABB robot (deveicnet, canbus). If not canbus comms then i will hardwired signals. IS THIS POSSIBLE ????

Mitsubishi FX1N or FX2N or FX2NC support Ethernet. Mitsubishi SCADA package (MC-Worx) and HMI products (E-Series) support Ethernet communications to the brick. You will probably have to do discrete control to the robot, as I don't know a brick with Canbus or other network masters. Most bricks are slave devices on networks like Profibus and Devicenet. As for your info on Twido, check the Idec webpage. Twido is a rebranded Idec MicroSmart. They might have more current info...

Not exactly the Ethernet capabilities but there are ways by which you can connect Tiwdo PLC with Wonderware using serial port over Ethernet. I have used one such deivce that lets me to access serial communication port over Ethernet, Making my PLC's serail comm port a Ethernet Port.