Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bushroot

Panelview Problems

3 posts in this topic

Alright, this is a new one on me. Has anyone experienced it before? My customer had a lovely power surge. After restart, the panelview displays " Error 436 Remote Device Has Screen Control ". The only thing that AB could tell me was that the panelview was waiting for a bit to change state in the PLC. Christopher

Basically the error message is telling you that the PLC which the Panelview is talking to "has control of the screens etc", this is what is meant by remote device...the PLC. You need to find the addresses that are used to send info to the PV and zero them out. Normally this happens when the PLC is setup to change screens on the PV automatically, this is configured in the panelview(1400e) system folder "PLC/IO control" the word used in the PLC should be zeroed out automatically after the screen number has been sent.....it may still be a value greater than zero. We sometimes get this error on our PV 600's, although the integer word that sends the required screen number is zero, an address still has control, and we have to unset the relevant bits in the SLC. Hope this helps Graeme

Look in Application setting---Terminal setup---Control tags of your Panel Builder 32 Make sure the tag in the (Screen Number Tag) is set to zero in the PLC. Also check that min tag setting is zero.