Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tylernol415

Looking for some help

4 posts in this topic

Good Evening Everyone - 

My dad has given some items, all he keeps telling me is that they are all part of an Allen Bradley setup.  He collected them from his previous place of employment as they upgraded to newer technology in hopes to set it up at his house for whatever usage.  He didn't end up setting it up due to lack of software and not wanting to shell out the money and they have been sitting for a few years.   He gave them to me, and said that I could sell them.  My problem is that I am not even sure what I should be looking for or what my target buyer should be.  My thoughts are at this point they would be better off just donating to the scrap guy.   For some reason it isn't allowing me to upload photos,  is it possible to email them to someone for help?  I want to get this stuff out of my garage.  I really appreciate your help.  Thank you.  

Hi there

can you send me some pics to my email

bnmers@gmail.com

Just sell them on Ebay. 

There is a huge network of surplus electrical controls distributors.  So, take a pen and some paper, and start cataloging the items.  You want manufacturer and part number/catalog number.  Then use Google to search for information on that item.  There is a good chance Ebay and Amazon has reference prices for you.  Once you see the resale value, typically used controls new in box is 50% of list price, 25% opened box or no box but in good working condition.  If you see you have some value, then contact some used equipment dealers.  Oh, those used equipment dealers would be the used equipment power sellers on Ebay and Amazon (who have the reference prices).