TigerLily

CHANGING IP ADDRESS IN THE LADDER?

6 posts in this topic

I READ IN THE MANUAL FOR THE CJ2M-CPU34 THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE IP ADDRESS BY WRITING TO D30098 AND D30099 (MY DEVICE IS UNIT 0).  I TRIED TO DO THIS ON A TEST PLC BUT AM NOT HAVING ANY LUCK...

I WROTE MY IP ADDRESS #C0A8 TO D30098 AND #0E30 TO D30099 (IP ADDRESS 192.168.14.48) WITH THE CPU IN PROGRAM MODE, I SET THE RESET BIT (A501.00) TO TURN ON ON THE TRAILING EDGE OF THE FIRST SCAN BIT, I CAN TELL THE CARD RESETS BECAUSE I AM CONNECTED VIA ETHERNET AND I GET DISCONNECTED, BUT THE IP ADDRESS DOES NOT CHANGE.  IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHANGE THE IP ADDRESS WITHOUT CX-PROGRAMMER? 

I NEED TO GET A SOLUTION TO MY CUSTOMER TONIGHT AND MY SUPERVISORS DO NOT WANT TO RELEASE OUR DEVELOPMENT CODE TO THE END USER.

THANK YOU!!!

Edited by TigerLily
I typed the wrong D memory address

Use the I/O Table utility

They do not have the CX-One or CX-Programmer software, is there a separate utility just for the IO table that we can provide them?  I am in NY and they are in CA...

I think the IP address is changing, but you need to change your PC IP address to something on the same subnet.  Such as 192.168.14.xxx

Just changing the port IP address may be not enough.

Is there Ethernet/IP network? If yes, it must be reconfigured as well.

HMI? It must be reprogrammed for the PLC new address.

Also, the new address may need to be reflected in the IP Address Table for Fins/UDP.

From Manual W465 :

Capture.thumb.JPG.d8bbc2e83dc80f5712b80d

So basically, if the original programmer uses IO Table to set the PLC IP Address, you cannot change the IP Address via DM area anymore.

DM Area can only be used to change IP Address if the inside the IO Table IP Address is set to 0.0.0.0.

The thing is you are able to change their DM Area, so CX-Programmer is there right? Or are you using FINS communication tools like Multiway? If Multiway is the case, no luck then...

EDIT : Just realized this post was old after I replied ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

Edited by innoaloe
LOL