9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a cj2 plc, and i would like to use two pt100 to measure, and just show the results on an hmi screen.

I started to look at the  Cat. No. W396-E1-03 SYSMAC CJ Series CJ1W-TC@@@ Temperature Control Units manual,  but i don`t understand fully, that is these card are only for temperature controls?

What is the easiest way to have the readings? it doesn't need to be the cheapest solution. And especially how is the programming works? Is there a special unit are i read about but how is the adressing works?

Im completely new to omron (i know siemens) so any linked guides are welcome!

Another option would be the CJ1W-PTS51(4 thermocouple input module). It is lower resolution and only does Thermocouple inputs, but is less than half the cost.  A medium resolution (1/64,000) option would be the CJ1W-PTS15.  It is only 2 points and a bit more expensive than the PTS51.  The CJ1W-PH41U can accept many different types of inputs and has a 1/256,000 resolution.  I would recommend the CJ1W-PTS51 unless you think that you need higher resolution.

In any case, the temperature values are mapped directly into the memory of the PLC based upon the unit number that you set on the front of the input module.  It is quite simple. 

Just now, Michael Walsh said:

Another option would be the CJ1W-PTS51(4 thermocouple input module). It is lower resolution and only does Thermocouple inputs, but is less than half the cost.  A medium resolution (1/64,000) option would be the CJ1W-PTS15.  It is only 2 points and a bit more expensive than the PTS51.  The CJ1W-PH41U can accept many different types of inputs and has a 1/256,000 resolution.  I would recommend the CJ1W-PTS51 unless you think that you need higher resolution.

In any case, the temperature values are mapped directly into the memory of the PLC based upon the unit number that you set on the front of the input module.  It is quite simple. 

So i can simply wire my pt100 to the  CJ1W-PTS51 ? how can i use the mov ladder fbd to move temperature from D area? i understand the logic, but i dont know omron memrory adressing. It is very frustrating, i didnt found a nice guide with example on what kind of memory areas exist and how to use them. Like in siemens i can use M1.1 for a memroy bit I1.1 for input etc, and in case of special card maybe has an fbd with db, then the temperature would be like word DB501.3 or something like that.  May you please give me a fast example or link a guide that you know of about that it is good?

Unit No. Special I/O Unit Area DM Area 0 CIO 2000 to CIO 2009 D20000 to D20099  i found thisone, what i need to write into the mov to get data from these areas?

Edited by Chickenkiller91

The DM area assigned to the card is for the configuration of the module.  You can access the settings contained in this area from the I/O table with respect to the module.  See below:

BwOoOBEzPaqBAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The example above shows the unit setup as unit #0.  So, it uses channels 2000 - 2009 in the CIO area (as you mentioned).  Double clicking on the module allows you to configure the settings.  These settings are stored in the DM area assigned to the module.  See below:

ykzwEAANMgVCDEQUUILDSoiGsrZmZm5P8DRwWhYw

This chart shown partially below outlines the 2000-2009 memory area.  With n = 2000 (due to unit #0), see equation highlighted in green.  The yellow area shows n+1 or 2001 in this example would be where the temperature would be stored.  You could then just use 2001 in your code for whatever purpose you would like at that point.

wj2rsmpjrZHg5uaKMiIiIiEgP+P8Bki8aV6YwCyA

If you did want to move the temperature into a D address, then the code would look like this:

wf1rceyF+NKWgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

The W0.00 bit and D50 are completely arbitrary.

Here is a link to the manual for this module:  http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CJ1/W368-E1-10.pdf

Section 6 of this manual talks about the memory areas of our CJ2 PLCs:

http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CJ2/W473-E1-12.pdf

1 person likes this

It would need to be the PTS52 for RTDs. I use them regularly.

Edited by BobB
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, BobB said:

It would need to be the PTS52 for RTDs. I use them regularly.

Duh!  Oops, my bad.  As soon as I saw there was a new message, I saw the title again and realized that I referred multiple times to thermocouples and not RTDs....

Everything else (besides the part number) was true though ChickenKiller91.  ;-)

Thanks Bob! :clap:

1 person likes this

Thank you really much for replies!

With that much help i think programing wont be a problem anymore, only question is left which card to use. Bob mentioned PTS series. If i look at omron website i also see CJ1W-PDC15.

https://www.ia.omron.com/products/family/1644/specification.html

https://www.ia.omron.com/products/family/1646/specification.html

For my application i would like to connect 2 PT100, but also an other analog tank level sensor, and maybe pressure also im not sure yet.
Actually what is the difference between these cards?
PTS mentions "Temperature sensor type" as input i guess, so as bob advised i guess with this card i can just connect my two pt100 without anything else and it will work just like that?

And for the another level sensor can i use another of this pts card, or should i get a pdc15 card?  As i see the pts51 has 4 inputs, can i connect different sensors also to these 2 another inputs? Or is it only for temp, and i should get the pts15 for temp + pdc15 for another analog measurement?

Well, this is where the Universal Input card (Jay's suggestion) could be used.  The CJ1W-PH41U  has 4 inputs and can have the following different types:

uJm2++GbfffrsRpOrevTurRxOR1zAYQ0RERERERE

So, with this modules, you could do 2 Pt100s, one 0-10VDC (level sensor for example) and one 4-20mA analog.  The analog types that I mention are just an example, they could be any of the types listed above.

The beginning of the CIO area for this module looks like this:

P+z8s7zLpg80wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Input one would be in 2000 (and 2001) as a double integer (32 bit signed integer) if the unit number was 0.

The CJ1W-PH41U can be found in the same manual that I posted above.  Here is the link for your reference:  http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CJ1/W368-E1-10.pdf