jrupp82

Best 24VDC Power Supply

9 posts in this topic

I am interested to get opinions on everyone's choice of 24VDC power supplies when building new machines.  I have tried several different brands and really have no loyalty or favorite at this point.  A lot of times I'll simply choose by the main vendor I'm dealing with on the project and what they might offer.  But I was curious what brand others are choosing and why?

Thanks!

I currently use Puls for most of our equipment builds.  Reliable, good selection, decent pricing.  A-B are good but, as usual, spendy.  I've used quite a few Rhino power supplied from AutomationDirect in the past and had good results.  

Puls and Meanwell have been reliable for me.

Edited by Andy_P

We also have gotten good service from Puls and Meanwell.  The Puls supplies look like the AB ones.  In fact, the vendor rep says that the AB supplies are just re-branded Puls.

We've used Meanwell supplies mainly when we need dual outputs (5V and 24V) in the same package.

Dear All,

I will rebuild a old control panel with a new control panel. But I have a problem with a rectifier in the old one, there is a rectifier with 3 phase input 18 VAC out put 0 and -24 VDC, the type is DS10TK. I can't find any seller for this part. Any suggestion for this problem. Can I use any DC power supply like usually? Tank you very much. 

Karno 

The Omron S8VK line up is my current fave.  They have everything from a no-frills budget PSU to ones with diagnostic outputs and LED screens.  We get pretty good pricing on our Omron stuff, so it might not be the same for everyone, but I haven't found anything that beats their price for comparable models.  I can get the budget model S8VK-C for less than a Rhino from Automation Direct.

Second for the Omron S8V* line with the screen. I prefer those bc the AMP readout eliminates any doubts about power supply overloading. Unfortunately I think they cap that model at 10amps.   

I've been using The Rhino PSB series from http://www.automationdirect.com but I only like the metal cased ones.

I don't much like the PSC series as they are wicked wide and have tiny terminals.