Emanuel Lemos

Difference between reset (RES) and clear (CLR) - RsLogix

9 posts in this topic

Hello , can someone explain to me what the difference between the reset ( RES ) and clear ( CLR) in RSLogix software? Please respond ASAP

CLR sets a numeric value to zero. RES causes a structure - such as a timer or counter - to return to its start condition.

1 person likes this

Just now, b_carlton said:

CLR sets a numeric value to zero. RES causes a structure - such as a timer or counter - to return to its start condition.

grateful for the response , b_carlton .

But there is a doubt

Example : If I enter the address of a counter in the CLR and RES as C5: 0.PRE , both will reset the preset my counter.
What if I put the address as : C5: 0.ACC the CLR and RES will also perform the same operation .

So I am not able to understand the difference between them.

You can't RES C5:0.ACC.  Try putting it in then verifying the rung.  It will tell you the address must be specified to the element level.  In the same sense you can't CLR C5:0, it must be specified to the word level.

You could think of a RES as a CLR of the ACC and an OTU of the CU, CD, DN, OV, UN, and UA bits all bundled together.

1 person likes this

Just now, TWControls said:

Você não RES C5 pode: 0.ACC. Tente colocá-lo em seguida, verificar a degrau. Vai dizer-lhe o endereço deve ser indicada ao nível do elemento. No mesmo sentido, você não pode CLR C5: 0, deve ser indicada ao nível da palavra.

Você poderia pensar em um RES como um CLR do ACC e um OTU da CU, CD, DN, OV, da ONU, e pedaços UA todos juntos.

ok.. thanks

And this case ?

If I enter the address of a counter in the CLR and RES as C5: 0.PRE , both will reset the preset my counter

You can't RES C5:0.ACC. this is where an exercise works best for understanding. Put it in your program and tried to verify it then look at the error it comes up with.

Você não RES C5 pode: 0.ACC. este é o lugar onde um exercício funciona melhor para o entendimento. Coloque-o no seu programa e tentou verificar-lo em seguida olhar para o erro que surge com.

I 'm not the program with me now , I'm just with LogixPro simulator, and in it I can reset the RES using C5: 0.ACC do not know if the rSlogix is so , I think so as you 're talking about. but now my doubts is to address C5: 0.PRE for both RES and for CLR , using in both the same thing happens , so do not know the difference . could you explain me? thank you

Why don't you install RsLogix 500 on your PC along with LogixPro.  LogixPro is a very good learning tool but there are some differences that RsLogix 500 along with Emulate will help you understand.

http://www.theautomationstore.com/rslogix-lesson-rslogix-rslinx-and-emulate-500-installing-and-configuring-them/

1 person likes this

Por que você não instalar o RSLogix 500 no seu PC, juntamente com LogixPro. LogixPro é uma ferramenta de aprendizagem muito boa, mas existem algumas diferenças que RSLogix 500, juntamente com Emulate o ajudarão a compreender.

http://www.theautomationstore.com/rslogix-lesson-rslogix-rslinx-and-emulate-500-installing-and-configuring-them/

thank you for your help.