Sergei Troizky

Studio 5000 Data Preserved Download Tool

5 posts in this topic

Does anybody use it successfully?

With what kind of RSLinx activation?

I am using The Studio v28.00, which installed the v2.00 of the Tool and v 3.80.00 of the RSLinx.

The latter is activated as Classic Single Node. I can see the processor in RSWho.

The Tool fails to start, with the shown message.

What may be wrong?

Please, do not suggest links to the Rockwell articles that require the support contract, as we do not have such.

DPDT Start Error 1.jpg

Didn't even know it existed, I'll have to check it out.

Hi Sergei, 

Kind of a late response
Have you looked at the project path of your application? 
When you are using a CompactLogix PLC where, in rslogix/studio500, you can set the ip address as project path, getting it to work with the DP download tool you will need to change the project path by browsing down the backplane and selecting the processor for the path. 

I hope this still helps...

You do not have a support contract, so you probably do not have full software license?  

This tool probably still uses RSLinx.  Are you sure you have set your RSLinx and connected to this processor?  I wonder if this tool uses the last RSLinx connection you made.

You have to have a licensed version of RSLinx classic and studio 5000 should be open with your project. 
I have a single node license for RSLinx as well so that shouldn't be a problem. 
The project path should be configured in studio 5000 via Communications-->Who Active to the processor (see attachment)

ProjectPath.png