Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest GeoffElkington

.scr Files And Importing Cdms

2 posts in this topic

I'm trying to develope an Excel macro that will enable me to create a file from a list of addresses in Excel that can be imported into RSLogix as a CDM. As far as I am aware the only way to do this is to create an old style .scr file which RSLogix will recognize. After a bit of hacking and trial & error I can create a file that RSLogix will import, but it doesn't handle comments properly and I'm sure the file format isn't exactly right. I have no old A-B software capable of generating .scr files, and no old applications about that have any so I would be very grateful if somebody who has an old application that includes .scr files can let me have copies. Of course, if anybody actually knows the file formay of an .scr file that would be ideal. Thanks...

Geoff, I created a CDM in A.I. Ladder Logistics software version 8.09 for the PLC-5. Then I used the EXPORT feature to generate the attached SAMPLE.SCR file. The software's online help says: "export to old style .SCR type screen for use with pre 7.1 version". Later I imported this SAMPLE.SCR file using RSLogix5 software. It came up with no trouble except that some of the comments appeared truncated. If you have any specific entries that you would like to have added to the file, let me know - it may take a few days (depending on work schedule) but I'll try to help you out. Hope this helps. Ron SAMPLE.SCR Edited by Ron Beaufort