6 posts in this topic

I am in the learning phase of HMI and PLC programing and am trying to use some of the hardware that has been donated to me.

I have an AB panelview 300 micro terminal and a Micrologix 1000 Plc (they are not tethered yet).

I have constructed a small test board with everything mounted to it and have successfully written and downloaded a simple project to the plc with timers, etc.

Now I need to find a way to program the terminal to make changes to the program.

I am looking for some free panelbuilder 32 or anything that will allow me to program the terminal and use it.

Can anyone help me? All help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks. I did look at the Rockwell AB site first. The panelbuilder 32 is no longer supported. I registered with them as a user and they simply do not support the model of hmi and/or the programware for it. So, I guess I was hoping that the hardware I have is not totally useless to me. Sorry, it was not my intention to solicit for anything that would bypass a licensing agreement. I am simply looking for a no cost option that might work with this terminal model that AB no longer supports. -^ Wether it be a free trial version from AB (old and unsupported) or alternative software that might be compatable with the terminal. Sometimes folks have links to legitimate software that are through channels I just did not find the first time looking at the manufacturers websites.

Red Lion is one example.

All of AB's software downloads are available at this link:

http://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductDownload.aspx

It looks like Panelbuilder32 is not free, but login and see. I have a toolkit, so I get access to everything and can't test it myself. I seem to remember a period of time where it was a available for free from a different location on their website, but they appear to have taken that down.

1 person likes this

JRoss makes a good point...integrators get an A-B toolkit with every year of service subscription (the toolkit has about every software package A-B offers).  If you are an integrator, review the toolkit options with your A-B distributor.