BJR

Beijer/Exter digital text indicators inverted

1 post in this topic

I have been through this problem before and don't recall the solution.  I have experienced this when replacing an E1101 with another E1101 about 5 years ago.  I had downloaded the project and when I hook it up to the A series CPU with 25 pin cable, most of the items on the screen are the wrong state compared to what the machine is actually doing.  There are many Digital Text objects setup to monitor an input from the PLC to show the state of all of the sensors.  I believe it was only on direct I/O tags.  Text object is set so Red is off and green is on.  Everything that should be red was green and green was red.  I did not have to redo any of the objects.  I don't THINK I had to do any firmware changes.  My Mits. dealer or the factory guided me on what to do and it was relatively simple but cannot remember.  They said at some point in the history of either the PLC or HMI hardware there was a change and they knew what to do to fix it.  I have emails/calls into some of my past contacts but am not hearing back from them yet and don't know if they will remember either unless this is pretty common with the older equipment.

Actually today I am doing this with an Exter T100 file that the factory converted for me from .mpa to .cpa but the results are the same.  As soon as we plugged it in I knew what was going on but it has been too long to remember what to do to fix it.  I guess if it was more difficult it would have stuck with me or taken notes somewhere. 

Any experience with this?  I'm stuck for now!