maniniyot

binary transfer

5 posts in this topic

hi guys

Im a bit new to omron programming,i needed to trace some data for my scada system to display, and i have encountered "binary transfer" command and i'm not really sure if i understand it correctly

bintrans.thumb.png.32b9bc760f2ce59c33652

any enlightenment in this matter will be much appreciated

thanks

It is a multiple register move (copy really) command. 

In your ladder above, the highlighted XFER instruction will copy 49 words beginning at whatever address E32752 is pointing to and put them beginning at EA_6195. 

For example, if E32752 has a value of 1000 in it (integer, @ means integer pointer), then this instruction will copy the values from E1000 - E1048 and store them at EA_6195 to EA_6243.

1 person likes this

thanks for the reply man

btw,  according to trhe manual i have read ,they treated the content of the word device as hexadecimal...then converted it to decimal ,or it depends on the application?

instruct.png.83333798a0f7e6a20ed212af6b0

its hard to be a noob,

thanks

The contents of all words are really in a 16 bit binary format.  It is how you are to interpret the binary pattern that determines what is done. 

For example, a binary pattern of 0000 0000 0000 1010 is equal to a HEX value of 000A and an integer value of 10.  There really is no "conversion" to be done there, just interpreting the pattern in different ways.  The main point that I was trying to make in my earlier post is that it is NOT a BCD value.  If there was a * instead of the @ symbol, it would be BCD.  Don't worry too much about BCD though, unless you come across a reason to use it.  I most newer application, BCD is not often used. 

In the example above, they show the HEX value of 200 which is equivalent to an integer value of 512.  Just click on this button in CX-Programmer: jqziYiKruJjIKi4WRP4HCPUMwFh5J4IAAAAASUVO

and the values will be shown as integers (unsigned integers to be specific).