Steve_D

Remote NX IO via NXEIP202 card

7 posts in this topic

All, Im programming a CS1 CPU and it has remote IO on an NXIO rack connected to the main base via ethernet to an EIP202 ethernet ip card.

I havent been able to find an EDS file for the NXIO rack and any feedback on how I actually go about doing this would be apreciated.

The OMRON europe doco says

The following is required:
  1. OMRON NX-EIC202 EDS file      (although it doesnt say where I get it)
  2. Rockwell Automation RSLogix5000 tool       (what with this??? Its an OMRON unit on Omron Software? Do I have to buy?/load? a third party software? and where do I get it from?)
  3. OMRON Sysmac Studio NX-I/O edition    (again, I have bought the CX One suite but dont see it in there, is this another purchase?)

makes me wonder what other pitfalls await me.

Any input by soeone with previouse experience settin up this remote iO would be apreciated.

Steve D

Is the card an EIP21?

It is my understanding that you do not need anything other than the bits. You can setup the EIC units for 192.168.250.x or 192.168.200.x via the dip switches on the front of the adaptor.

You can also use Sysmac Studio to set up other things in the EIC unit including different IP address ranges but not necessary if the above ranges suit you.

I have not done this yet but will shortly - this is what my Omron Australia rep told me.

You can then use CX-Integrator to discover the units online.

There is a manual available showing the setup for this - the manual number is W465-E1-01.

The EIC202 manual is W536-E1-02.

Hi

I think you need Netconfigurator in CXOne

You are correct banker - my bad - Network Configurator For EtherNet IP is the correct tool.

11 hours ago, Steve_D said:

The OMRON europe doco says

The following is required:
  1. OMRON NX-EIC202 EDS file      (although it doesnt say where I get it)
  2. Rockwell Automation RSLogix5000 tool       (what with this??? Its an OMRON unit on Omron Software? Do I have to buy?/load? a third party software? and where do I get it from?)
  3. OMRON Sysmac Studio NX-I/O edition    (again, I have bought the CX One suite but dont see it in there, is this another purchase?)

You do not need #2, unless you are connecting with an AB PLC.  #3 would be required if you need to set up some specialty modules.  If you are using all digital and analog modules, you will not need #3 either.  I agree with what has already been stated, use Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP.  

Here is a link to the EDS file:

https://downloads.omron.us/IAB/Products/Automation%20Systems/Remote%20IO/Modular%20IO/NX%20Series/NX_EtherNet_IP%20Coupler_EDS_file/NX-EIC202%20EDS%20file%20V1.1.zip