maniniyot

PT internal memory

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I have a NS12-TS200 programmable terminal , i only need to map the data so i can connect a SCADA system to the PLC

while mapping i encountered a device which is $W which is "internal memory of the PT" the manual also says that it cannot be read and written directly from host.

Ex: $W4195, 

because the $w device is only internal to the PT how or what settings do i have to check to find its equivalent device in the PLC? sorry i am not knowledgable in OMRON automation products

i also attached a screen shot of the display....

thanks

22222.png

$W memory does not (necessarily) have a PLC address equivalent. I can see that it is defined as ASCII for your Lot No..

Click on "Find" from the menu then click on "Address Cross Reference" to see if $W4195 is listed in a macro. It's possible that a macro is reading the information from the PLC, then formatting the string for the display.

thanks

but upon checking the device it seems that it does not have the macro that you are saying( as shown )

any other ideas?

Untitled.png

Did you perform the Address Cross Reference?

Macros can reside in more places. For example:  In the Screen Properties or PT > Project Properties.

Hey man 

I already found the MACRO that you are talking about

MACRO1.thumb.png.98950d0ae6025c3a709c544

it means that its gonna read data from EMA_6195 to SW4195 in 125 points right?

That's correct. Good work. The 125 points are in WORDS (16 Bit). If you are reading ASCII characters then each character is a BYTE (8 Bits).

What is the model of the PLC you are connected to? I've never seen EMA memory. Anybody?

I saw another post of yours with the PLC model. I guess I've never used a PLC with so much EM memory. I understand now.

Edited by IO_Rack