SHIV121

PID IN micrologix 1400

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys....I AM new in AB PLC.

I am using micrologix 1400 plc in my project. I have an question that is up to how much PIDs we can use in Micrologix 1400 PLC. 

Memory is your only limitation.

Number of outputs would also be a limitation of course.

How are you using the PID's?

Can you show me an example of a Heat PID loop.

I used a Dead band timer, and it seems to work OK, but I think that PID would be better.

I rarely ever do this stuff, so I'm really green when it comes to heating circuits.

I have a thermocouple and heat output, no cool. I just want to control the temperature of a heater within 10

I was hoping that I could see an example of PID in Micrologix 1400.

Thanks

Thanks guys for you reply...

Hey mickey..    I am using 1766-L32BXB PLC with six expansion modules. From that two modules are 1762-OF4 & 1762-IF2OF2 i.e. I have six analog Outputs. From this will you say how much PIDs I can use??

Thanks....

How much PID loops blocks that can execute correctly in micrologix 1400 plc? And how much memory required for each block pid loop.?????

Hope you will understand my question...

thanks

The manual will tell you memory required for a PID instruction.

But you can have 100's ( several 100) PID instructions, but you will run out of outputs long before that. Again only memory and outputs will limit you.

In your case if your PID instructions are controlling analog outputs then you can have 6.

FYI, a PID instruction can also control digital outputs. Your controller ML1400 does a limited amount of I/O though. That's up to you.

Look under "Controller Properties" in the project tree in RSLogix500 to see how much memory you have left and used.

Edited by Mickey